12 Times 'Gilmore Girls' Summed Up Your Love Of Coffee (Seriously, Everything They Say Should Be On A Mug)
I've said often and widely across the Internet that coffee is the third Gilmore Girl in Gilmore Girls . Lorelai and Rory were incapable of starting their day without a fresh cup of hot, liquified caffeine, and, let's face, it was probably the most relatable thing about the show. I know it sounds shocking, but most people don't have on-again, off-again flirtationship with the owner of their local diner. So, with that in mind, I've collected some of the Gilmore's true-to-life quotes about their... well, yours, mine, and our... coffee addiction.
And I don't use addiction lightly, because, if you're downing as much coffee as Lorelai, you're probably perpetually high-wired and talking 50 miles a minute. In fact, I'm really convinced that the Gilmores chattered so lightning fast because they were percolated by the power of coffee. So, if you share their penchant for the beverage, I'm sure you and I will have a lot to talk about, preferably super quick with of-the-moment pop culture references.
In any case, whether you're downing the newest bubblegum butterscotch toffee crunch micro mini Frappuccino from Starbucks or drinking french roast out of your Batman mug at home, here are 12 quotes that perfectly sum up your love for coffee.
1. "This is a jumbo coffee morning. I need coffee in an I.V."
What happens when you stayed up late marathoning 31 episodes of Bill Nye the Science Guy, and then have to write about said 31 episodes of Bill Nye the Science Guy. Or whatever it is you study into the wee hours.
2. "Coffee-coffee-coffee is a saying. Like an exaggeration. It's a funny, desperate cry for caffeine."
It's also basically your mating call.
3. "I can't stop drinking the coffee, I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing, and the walking, and the words-putting-into-sentences doing."
A girl can only handle so much.
4. "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph and the camel! This is really bad coffee!"
Another disappointing day with the office Keurig.
5. "Nothing says coffee like six in the morning."
As someone who's commuted to New York from outside of the city for eight years, I can vouch for this.
6. "I don't think I can take running into him every day in the halls, and in the paper and the coffee cart... Oh my god! I'm gonna have to quit drinking coffee! And I love coffee! I really love coffee!"
What happens when you wisely decide to date the barista at the Rutgers Barnes and Noble.
7. "I need coffee, whatever form you got, I haven't had it all day. I'll drink it, shoot it, eat it, snort it, whatever form it's in."
Remember, kids, caffeine is a drug much like any other.
8. "What I need now is lots and lots of coffee."
Your arsenal to power through Friday before the weekend starts.
9. "Coffee, please, and a shot of cynicism."
Your arsenal to power through the Monday that kicks off your work week.
10. "He's so sexy, smart, and funny, and he loves coffee."
All the makings of a perfect man, amirite?
11. "We need coffee! There's no more coffee! Someone make me some coffee!"
When it's 2 a.m., you're approaching a deadline, and you need someone to make a Dunkin Donuts run, STAT.
12. "Man, I will say anything for a cup of coffee."
You've flirted with many-a 17-year-old clerk to get a free latte. No shame.
Now make like a Gilmore and caffeinate!
Images: Warner Bros. Television; Giphy (12)