I think we can all agree that the Gilmore Girls leading ladies Lorelai and Rory possess a wide range of admirable attributes. Their sarcasm and witty commentary on everyday life occurrences is enough to make anyone immediately fall in love with them. And, their impressive consumption of junk food on a daily basis could put even the likes of Willy Wonka to shame. (Pop tarts, red vines, and ice cream all in one sitting? Yes please!) However, if there's one trait that makes these characters the ultimate relatable duo, it's their unrelenting addiction to caffeine. Yes, Lorelai and Rory love to drink coffee no matter what time of day it is. So, in honor of that outstanding quality, I've taken the liberty of creating a Gilmore Girls coffee drinking game to help kick off your Netflix watching with an extra shot of energy.
I mean, let's be real here, no Gilmore Girls episode viewing is complete without at least one cup of coffee involved. So, round up a bunch of your Stars Hollow BFFs, heat up a pot (or ten) of your favorite brew, and get ready for a night full of fun, laughter, and coffee, coffee, coffee! After all, who needs Friday night dinners when there's an endless amount of caffeine to consume?
Take A Sip If:
- Emily hires (and fires) a new maid.
- Sookie injures herself while cooking.
- Luke & Lorelai banter in the most adorable way possible.
- Rory reads/does homework.
- Kirk gets a new job.
- Luke is wearing flannel. (You may need a couple of refills for this one.)
- Michel is annoyed by hotel guests.
- Anyone is drinking coffee. (Characters: They're just like us!)
- Babette and Morey prove they're OTP.
- Rory gets kissed.
- Dean is working at Doose's Market.
- Luke starts ranting about anything and everything.
Take A Shot Of Espresso If:
- Lorelai and Rory attend a town meeting.
- Stars Hollow hosts yet another awesome event or fundraiser.
- Luke scolds Lorelai for using her cell phone in the diner.
- You find yourself loving and hating Paris all at the same time.
- Jess is nice to someone other than Rory.
- The troubadour makes a cameo.
- Rory and Richard bond over literature.
- Lorelai mentions snow.
- Mrs. Kim is angry about something.
- Lorelai and Rory have a movie night.
- Miss Patty tells an inappropriate (but highly amusing) story about her early show biz days.
- A pop culture reference is made.
Down The Whole Mug If:
- The "La-La" song starts playing in the background.
- Luke and Taylor start yelling at each other.
- Hep Alien performs.
- You recognize a guest star who is now much more famous than back then. (i.e. Nick Offerman, Jon Hamm, Max Greenfield, etc.)
- Luke and Lorelai share an epic moment.
- The town attends a cat funeral.
- Lorelai and Rory get into a major fight. (It's OK to pause so you can weep uncontrollably.)
- A new catchphrase is born. (Oy with the poodles already!)
Enjoy the coffee jitters!