6 Times Britney Spears Spoke Positively About Breaking Up & Let Fans Know There's Always Hope For Love
If you're just catching up on the news, then let me inform you that Britney Spears and Charlie Ebersol broke up, according to Us Weekly. There's been no official confirmation or any details released about their alleged split, but if it is true, I have a feeling Spears will handle the breakup with positivity, because that's what the singer always seems to do when a relationship ends. Whenever it comes to parting ways with a boyfriend, Spears seemingly deals with it by looking at the glass half full, rather than empty. Basically, the 33-year-old proves there's always hope for love.
Whether she's talking about dating Justin Timberlake, her split from Kevin Federline, or letting the entire audience at her Planet Hollywood residency show know about David Lucado reportedly cheating on her, the Crossroads actress is an open book about her breakups. She rarely looks at splitting from a significant other as a negative thing, even though she does feel that "breakups suck," as she once declared on Good Morning America. Who doesn't feel that way, especially when it's with someone you deeply care about?
Now, let's take a moment to look at six times Spears opened up her heart about breaking up, all while giving fans hope for love and future relationships.
1. "The best thing about your boyfriend cheating on you, is that you get to go on another first date!"
During a 2014 performance in Las Vegas, Spears opened up about her split from David Lucado. Rather than focusing on the past, she looked to the future and the excitement of a first date.
2. "I'm still hurting, but I am trying to see it as an experience."
After breaking up with Justin Timberlake, Spears was upset (as indicated in this quote she gave to The Sun), but tried to remain optimistic about it. Even though it was a tough experience, it's one that probably helped her through her other relationships.
3. "I think everything happens for a reason. And I'm actually really blessed right now."
While chatting with Good Morning America, Spears talked her split from Lucado, again. See? She takes the high road and used her breakup as a way to propel her into a brighter future.
4. "But now I realize I need my single time. You have to do your own thing.”
During a chat with W magazine, Spears chatted dating Timberlake and how much she relied on him and their relationship. However, soon enough she realized being single is a good thing, especially since you can focus on yourself and what truly make you happy.
5. “Actually I really kinda had no choice. Because at the time I was going through a breakup that was kind of public, and everyone knew about it. And I felt like, it’s not a secret, so why not write about it and say how I’m feeling about it and what it feels like?”
During another Good Morning America chat, Spears didn't apologize for writing about her relationships and breakups. By staying positive about it and maintaining her ground, she probably inspired and helped others when it came to love.
6. “I feel like when you write you do depict from what you’re going through in your life, and that’s what I was going through at the time, so it just made sense for me, therapeutically, to write it out and get it out. You kinda of do put yourself in an exposed situation and you’re putting yourself out there a little bit, but I feel like it’s better to do that than keep it in.”
Lastly, Spears also told GMA that it's OK to be open and honest about breakups, all while showing others splits will happen, but that doesn't mean you'll be alone forever.
Thank you, Britney, for always remaining positive and helping others to never give up on love.
Images: Getty Images (7)