21 'Harry Potter & The Cursed Child' Questions We Already Have, Because J.K. Rowling's Lips Are Sealed
J.K. Rowling has more tricks up her sleeves than Dumbledore has in all of his cloaks. The brilliant Harry Potter author announced on Friday that there is going to be a brand-new play, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child , set for release on London's West End in 2016, written by Rowling and playwright Jack Thorne. Rowling was characteristically tight-lipped about the details, tweeting, "I'm also very excited to confirm today that a new play called Harry Potter and the #CursedChild will be opening in London next year." Though there's not much we know about the play just yet, we do know that it's not a prequel, unlike the upcoming film Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, starring Eddie Redmayne. Rowling likes to keep a little mystery around her projects, and it makes them all the more magical when they're relased.
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child will go into more detail about Harry's life and give special focus on what happened to his parens — which has me wondering if this has been Rowling's plan all along. She tweeted earlier on Friday, “I am confident that when audiences see the play, they will agree that it was the only proper medium for the story.” Has she always wanted to write a play about Harry and his parents so fans could experience the drama live and in person? It's one of many, many questions I have about the play along with...
- Will the play go to Hogwarts at all?
- Will Ron and Hemione be in it?
- Will Harry be back under the stairs?
- Do we have to suffer through Dudley Dursley?[Embed]
- How much wizarding will happen in the Muggle world?
- Will we see the Hogwarts teachers at all? I NEEDS ME SOME LUPIN.
- Will Daniel Radcliffe play Harry's dad?
- WILL FINE-ASS NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM BE IN IT? <img src="http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/getty/154117643.jpg?w=320"/>
- Are we going to have to deal with Harry's teenage angst?
- Who gives Harry "the talk?"
- Does Hogwarts have sex ed? [Embed]
- DO WE HAVE TO WATCH HARRY'S PARENTS DIE?
- DO WE HAVE TO SEE THEIR FUNERAL LIVE AND IN PERSON?
- Is this going to be Tennessee Williams-level depressing?[Embed]
- Was there a love before Cho Chang or Ginny?
- Is this going to be all about what happens in the lives of the wizard kids when they're not at Hogwarts?
- IS THERE A SECRET POTTER SIBLING?
- Is Harry the cursed child or is it someone else?
- WILL HARRY AND GINNY'S FUTURE CHILDREN SOMEHOW BE CURSED?[Embed]
- Will there be live snakes on stage? (If so, count me out)
- Will the show be interactive? Is that why Rowling said it is the only proper medium?[Embed]
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Images: Warner Bros.; Giphy