#BadCharitiesToDonateTo Is The Hilarious And Punny Twitter Guide To Charities, And Here Are The 17 Best Examples
Oh, Internet. For every obnoxious hashtag like #DontMancriminate and #HoldACokeWithYourBoobs, something like #BadCharitiesToDonateTo comes along to make my day that much punnier. Just like Jack Twist and Ennis Del Mar, I just can't seem to quit you. (#OutdatedReferences, anyone? No? Fine.)
There are certainly charities that misuse donations in the real world — just this year, a federal suit charged four charities with spending funds on trips to Disney World and online dating services, and the Salvation Army has come under fire in recent years for its fraught history with the LGBT community. That being said, somehow I doubt any real-life charity could compare with the charities of the #BadCharitiesToDonateTo hashtag, which began trending on Twitter early on Sunday. The idea is simple: pick a charity, make a pun that turns it into the worst idea ever, and post it on Twitter for the world to enjoy. Not every tweet has to be a play on words, of course, but if you've ever read anything I've written, you know I'm pretty biased towards the punny ones. #SorryNotSorry.
Either way, no matter who you are, there's bound to be at least one #BadCharity tweet that you'll find funny. If you make it to the end of this list without at least cracking as smile, you may want to consider making a donation to the Sense of Humor Foundation, which installs senses of humor in emotionless robots such as yourself.
1. Save the elderly kitties!
2. For the politically-minded.
3. Rich people have problems, too.
<img width="805" alt="rich animated GIF " src="http://media.giphy.com/media/4uRNHkqCTAHKw/giphy.gif" height="334" class="article-body-image" title="Image: http://media.giphy.com/media/4uRNHkqCTAHKw/giphy.gif"/>
4. The Biebs just can't catch a break. (Not that he needs one.)
5. You mean there's more than one Nigerian prince??
6. Anti-vaxxers have to fund all those medical bills somehow.
<img width="750" alt="buffy animated GIF " src="http://media.giphy.com/media/AqkqxBIbxws9O/giphy.gif" height="450" class="article-body-image" title="Image: http://media.giphy.com/media/AqkqxBIbxws9O/giphy.gif"/>
7. A time-honored tradition.
8. Gotta watch out for those witch doctors.
9. For hungry people everywhere (but not feeding them).
10. Adam Sandler is still making movies?
11. To be fair, this is a widespread problem.
12. Hannibal fans would single-handedly support this one.
<img width="781" alt="hannibal animated GIF " src="http://media.giphy.com/media/w27DjWkJmBp8k/giphy.gif" height="450" class="article-body-image" title="Image: http://media.giphy.com/media/w27DjWkJmBp8k/giphy.gif"/>
13. What about all the almost-doctors of the world?
14. OH GOD NO.
15. What about the kids? (Not the children.)
16. Hipsters don't want your help anyway.
17. To be fair, I would consider donating to this one.
<img width="636" alt="taylor swift animated GIF " src="http://media.giphy.com/media/134yOWxJqnjlT2/giphy.gif" height="450" class="article-body-image" title="Image: http://media.giphy.com/media/134yOWxJqnjlT2/giphy.gif"/>
Images: HM Revenue & Customs/Flickr, Giphy (4)