Whether you're newly in a relationship or a few years in, Valentine's Day is a fairly tough holiday to ignore — you know, what with there being chocolate, heart-shaped candy, and pink/red balloons everywhere. It can be difficult to figure out whether or not you and your partner want to actually acknowledge the day though — especially if you're in a new relationship, because god knows that can get awkward fast. A happy medium, though? A simple Instagram post that acknowledges your significant other and the day itself. And on that note, if you're wondering what sort of cute couples Instagram caption to post on Valentine's Day, don't worry: You've come to the right place.
There's something to be said about managing to achieve a happy medium between a cute caption and a cheesy caption. You don't want it to be so over-the-top that people roll their eyes, but you also don't want it to blasé because, you know, you care about your partner. When in doubt, I think opting for a quote from a public figure or a novel is the way to go. You'll look fairly cultured for quoting something, and you'll also get your point across! It all works out!
Looking to tell the world how much your partner means to you? Read on for the cutest Instagram captions to post about your significant other on Valentine's Day.
1. "And in her smile I see something more beautiful than the stars." — Beth Revis
2. "I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things." — John Green
3. "I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t something about you at all. It was just you." — Jamie McGuire
4. "It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight." — Vladimir Nabokov
5. "We loved with a love that was more than love." — Edgar Allen Poe
6. "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." — Dr. Seuss
7. "I want everyone to meet you. You’re my favorite person of all time." — Rainbow Rowell
8. "Just in case you ever foolishly forget; I’m never not thinking of you." — Virginia Woolf
9. "Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you've never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you." — Bob Marley
10. "He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." — Emily Brontë
11. "In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine." — Maya Angelou
12. "Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it." — Nicholas Sparks
13. "There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment." — Sara Dessen
14. "And I’ve realized that the Beatles got it wrong. Love isn’t all we need — love is all there is." — Morgan Matson
Take the time to tell the person you love what makes them special to you, on Instagram and real life.