15 Literary Valentine's Day Cards That Will Melt Any Book-Lover's Heart
It's nearly Valentine's Day, which means it's time to start planning how you're going to treat your special someone. No matter what you've got in store for them, one thing's for certain: you need a great card — preferably a great literary Valentine's Day card.
Remember the days of bringing cards for everyone in elementary school? Or the excitement of sending someone an anonymous candy-gram? No matter how you feel about the holiday, Valentine's Day cards are a wonderful way to light up someone's day. Whether you've been together for decades, or you just spotted them on the other side of the library and fell head over hells, putting your feelings in a card is a gesture that everyone can appreciate.
It's even more fun and meaningful to put a personal touch on the card. Give your SO a card that pays homage to one of their favorite books, or use the writing of authors more eloquent than yourself to tell them how you really feel. And remember, it's Valentine's Day, so you have a full license to be cheesy.
Here is a collection of wonderful literary valentines that any book nerd will just gush over. Ranging from sassy to sweet, these cards will help you find the perfect way to express your love this Valentine's Day:
1. "You're The Peeta To My Katniss"
2. "You Are Tolerable I Suppose"
3. Literary quotes
Valentines Day Printable, $5, Etsy
These adorable cards feature quotes from Beth Revis, Josephine Angelini, Kami Garcia, and Diana Peterfreund.
4. "I Love You More Than Dobby Loves Socks"
Holy hippogriff, that's a lot!
5. Or try this full set of Harry Potter valentines...
6. "I don't need accio to make you come."
No Harry Potter fan will be able to resist this sexy card.
7. "You Are Double Plus Good"
8. "When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew."
9. "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
10. "In all the world there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world there is no love for you like mine."
11. "Be Mine"
Be Mine Valentine card in a Literary Love Story style, $3, Etsy
12. "Did you read Dr. Seuss as a kid? Because green eggs and...damn!"
13. "...when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them in mutual weirdness and call it love."
Dr. Seuss Weirdness Card, $4, Etsy
Dr. Seuss pretty much sums up what love is all about.
14. "I'll Eat You Up I Love You So"
Love card/ I'll eat you up I love you so, $4, Etsy
This quote from Where the Wild Things Are is an adorable way to express your feelings for someone.