16 Humidity Fighting Products For Natural Hair To Preserve Your Best Curls
Transitioning into the summer season can only mean one thing: muggy weather that threatens your texture is on the horizon. For any curly girl, that means investing in humidity fighting products for natural hair if there's any hope of keeping your waves in tact.
Once humid weather gets a hold of your 'do, it's a wrap! Your mane swelters in record time, transforming luscious curls into a frizzy beehive. No one spends hours in front of the mirror tousling coils and layering on product just to have the elements wreak havoc. It's the ultimate disappointment, not to mention incredibly frustrating. Before venturing out into the heat, there are a few humidity hacks for super curly hair that come in handy for naturalistas. Deep conditioning, drying hair with a microfiber towel or t-shirt, and manipulating curls as little as possible can all help ward off frizz. Still, the best sun protection comes in using great stylers that help your 'do hold up throughout the day.
Don't let the possibility of ruined curls stop you from enjoying vacay season. Get a handle on the heat by incorporating these 16 hair products that combat frizz into your summer haircare routine.
1. Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel
2. Living Proof No Frizz Humidity Shield
My personal go-to for maintaining a blowout, Living Proof's Humidity Shield is a worthy protectant. It doesn't leave build-up behind as it gives dry hair control. Pair it with any of the other No-Frizz cleansers, conditioners, and moisturizers for protection every single step of the way.
3. Shea Moisture Raw Shea & Cupuacu Frizz Defense Styling Gel-Cream
4. Camille Rose Naturals Jansyn's Moisture Max Conditioner
5. Curls Gel-les'c Curl Serum
6. Moroccanoil Frizz Control
7. Devacurl Frizz-Free Volumizing Foam
8. ORS Humidity Control Serum
9. Mizani Thermasmooth Shine Extend
10. As I Am Curling Jelly
One of the best curl enhancers for natural hair, this holding jelly defines coils while offering moisture boosters that keep frizz from plaguing your mane. Aloe vera, vitamin E and sugar beet root are some of the key ingredients that gives strands the moisture needed to keep a beautiful shape.
11. Paul Mitchell Smoothing Super Skinny Serum
12. Macadamia Anti-Humidity Finishing Spray
Macadamia oil provides weightless moisture, vitamin E offers protection against environmental stressors, and argan oil strengthens with this finishing spray. But the true magic comes from the copolymer blend coating strands with a water-resistant film that holds up against muggy weather.
13. Creme Of Nature Anti-Humidity Gloss & Shine Mist
14. Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper Original
15. Aveda Brillant Anti-Humectant Pomeade
16. OGX Hydrate & Defrizz Kukui Anti-Frizz Hydrating Oil
You'll be prepared to welcome humid weather like a boss with anti-frizz stylers on your side. They're the key to ensuring every day is a good hair day.