In case you missed it, it's winter — so, you know, it's cold. I'm never especially thrilled about cold weather (really, who is?), and each year I'm reminded of just how generally terrible this season can be — especially in places that get snow. Every December, I think maybe we'll escape the nastiness of a giant blizzard or a seemingly eternal cold front, and every December, I'm proven wrong. I know this all sounds a little dramatic, but if you've lived through as many bad winters as I have, you know that these conditions really are enough to bring life to a screeching halt, so that all you can do is break out the fuzzy slippers and prepare to snap some pics of some serious snow outside. To that end, I've compiled a list of 23 Instagram captions about snow that are puns. Because if you have to be snowed in, you might as well have some so-bad-they're-good jokes to laugh at.
I've gotta admit that 'gramming isn't often the first thing on my mind when trying to negotiate whether or not my meetings are cancelled for snow or figuring out how I can successfully get from my apartment to the pharmacy without wiping out on a patch of black ice. But, if a storm is serious enough, I could end up with plenty of time on my hands. And what cures cabin fever better than a punny Instagram post? Really, nothing.
1. I'm trying to break the ice with you, but you keep giving me the cold shoulder.
2. It was so snowy that we pulled everything out of the freezer and huddled inside it to warm up!
3. What does Frosty the Snowman do to combat his worries about melting? Take a chill pill!
4. If snowflakes were currency, we'd all be rich in winter. We'd just make a trip to the nearest snow bank.
5. Did you hear that they're performing Hamilton on ice? Everyone wants the part of Aaron Brrrr!
6. When someone wishes me a "happy winter," it always leaves me cold.
7. How does Frosty pay for his chill pills? With his slush fund!
8. What kind of soup can you make with cool beans? Chilly!
9. What do you call a dollar bill frozen in ice? Cold, hard cash!
10. I thought we were going sledding, but we went skiing instead. You might say I was mis-led.
11. Why can't you depend on snowmen to hang around for long? They're too flakey!
12. What do you call it when it gets so cold that the cash machine won't function? A spending freeze!
13. Why do snowmen always get injured when playing sports? Because they refuse to warm up!
14. For those of us who live in northern climates, winter is snow problem.
15. Hipster ice: I was water before it got cool.
16. Where does a snowman keep his money? In a snow bank!
17. It was so snowy that words froze in the air. If you wanted to hear what someone said, you had to grab a handful of sentences and take them in by the fire!
18. The snuggle is real.
19. What do you call 10 arctic hares hopping backwards? A receding hare line.
20. What do you call a snowman with six-pack? An abdominal snowman.
21. What do you call an old snowman? Water.
22. What's a mountain's favorite kind of candy? Sno-Caps!