8 Romantic Quotes From Harry Potter To Wish Your Love A Magical Valentine's Day
When you think of Harry Potter, romance probably isn't the first thing that springs to mind. But if you look beyond the dragons and the duels, you'll notice that Harry Potter has always been about love — and these romantic quotes from Harry Potter will prove it. (And for a bonus, they'll make you seriously swoon at the same time.)
Love is the closest thing we Muggles have got to magic, and it's pretty darn special as it is — but it could still always do with a boost from our wizarding pals. When it comes to wishing your loved one a happy Valentine's Day, sometimes Muggle words just aren't quite good enough. If you're lost for words to write in your beloved's V-Day card, why not borrow the words straight from J.K. Rowling's mouth? After all, nobody describes that crazy little thing called love quite like she does.
Love in the Harry Potter books is a powerful force: it can change the shape of your Patronus; it can inspire the most selfless acts; it's what protects Harry from Voldemort's killing curse. Fans have even got romantic Harry Potter tattoos to commemorate the series' beautiful depiction of love. The books are full of all kinds of love: sibling love, parent-child love, and the love between friends — but here are the best eight quotes you can use to celebrate *romantic* love.
1. "After all this time?" "Always."
— Severus Snape to Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
2. "Tonks deserves somebody young and whole." "But she wants you."
— Arthur Weasley to Remus Lupin, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
3. "And then she was kissing him as she had never kissed him before, and Harry was kissing her back, and it was blissful oblivion, better than firewhiskey; she was the only real thing in the world."
4. “Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.”
— Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
5. "'OI! There's a war going on here!' Ron and Hermione broke apart, their arms still around each other. 'I know, mate,' said Ron, who looked as though he had recently been hit on the back of the head with a Bludger, 'so it's now or never, isn't it?'"
6. "And without thinking, without planning it, without worrying about the fact that fifty people were watching, Harry kissed her."
7. "The ones that love us never really leave us. You can always find them, in here."
— Sirius Black, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
8. "'Hang on a moment!' said Ron sharply. 'We've forgotten someone!'"
OK, so at first glance, this line from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows doesn't sound all that romantic. But think about the context. For seven books, Ron has been the rather insensitive one, while Hermione fought for greater causes, like freeing the house-elves. For years, Ron has teased her for this mission — until now. When it comes to life or death, Ron puts the house-elves before himself, and remembers that they need rescuing. Now look again at this quote. What Ron's actually saying to Hermione here is this: "You have changed me. You have made me a better person."
So it's not all that surprising that Hermione runs across the room and kisses him full on the mouth, now is it?!