How To Make Pink Hot Chocolate For The Sweetest Valentine's Day Ever
Valentine’s Day is one of the sweetest holidays out there — literally. And, when we're talking about festive treats for the holiday, pink hot chocolate is a must. This simple recipe is an excellent way to start off V-day morning, especially since it will still be winter. It does not even matter who you are celebrating with. Why not make some for your partner, roommates, or parents? (But don’t forget to practice some self-love and pour yourself a cup, too!)
This darling hot chocolate can even be part of a complete Valentine’s Day brunch. Better yet, make a boozy hot chocolate by adding a shot of your favorite liqueur. Either version of this drink pairs well with heart-shaped pancakes or French toast. Take it up a notch with fancy crepes or doughnuts. And don’t forget to add the chocolate and berries, two crucial ingredients of a classic V-day menu.
There are so many perks of whipping up homemade hot chocolate, too. You can make it in the comfort of your own home, away from the crazy crowds and wintry weather. You can also use any type of milk to fit your dietary preferences and taste buds. Just use coconut, soy, or almond milk for a warm vegan drink. Yum.
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 8 ounces milk of your choice
- Red food coloring
- Place the milk in a pot over medium heat. Whatever you do, make sure it doesn't start boiling. Add the white chocolate chips and stir until completely melted. You shouldn't have any chunks leftover.
2. Once the mixture is smooth, add a few drops of red food coloring. Mix well. Add more food coloring until you're happy with the shade of pink. Keep in mind that food coloring tends to darken over time.
3. Pour the hot chocolate into a mug. Top it off with whipped cream and sprinkles. Curl up and enjoy with your significant other/cat/self.