If you haven't fallen in love with fall yet, there are plenty of ways you can adjust to the new season. You can indulge in pumpkin spice latte products, look for the perfect pair of fall boots, break out your cold-weather wardrobe — and listen to select fall songs that will get you in the mood for leaves changing.
And while you're at it, you can be on the lookout for the perfect lyrics about autumn for your Instagram captions. You know this season can be one of the prettiest of the year, so make sure your aesthetic reflects that — the perfect, unique way to do that is to find music that matches the vibe.
There is definitely a wide variety of summer songs out there, and even some about new beginnings in the spring and the harshness of winter. But fall lyrics have a special place in my heart. They talk about endings and beginnings, ways of transitioning that we don't often think about. As the year starts to take a definitive shift toward the latter half, fall is always the soundtrack for those reflections.
This year, make the most of your autumn season by tuning into a few awesome songs, and letting the artist's poetry carry your captions into the end of 2018. Read on for some select quotes:
1. "'Cause it's too cold for you here and now, so let me hold both your hands in the holes of my sweater." — The Neighbourhood
Fall romance is in the air whenever "Sweater Weather" comes on. As you'll soon feel, the leaves are turning, but hopefully your emotions won't.
2. "Summer has come and passed, the innocent can never last. Wake me up when September ends." — Green Day
A Green Day classic, if you've ever heard one.
3. "'Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars. I'm gonna give you my heart." — Coldplay
For some reason, the song "A Sky Full of Stars" by Coldplay is able to put anyone in a chillier mood. The sky is always clearer once the summer heat rolls off the atmosphere. And then, you'll be more free to conjure up images of stargazing with an S.O., or taking a walk through the park wrapped up in a snug new scarf. Or literally take those images... #nofilter
3. "Cold blue rain standing right in front of me, same old place, that I will never want to leave." – Milky Chance
Fall weather can bring about rainy days, and nostalgia to boot when you plug in "Cold Blue Rain" by Milky Chance.
4. "And if you took to me like a gull takes to the wind, I'd have jumped from my tree and I'd have danced like the king of the eyesores, and the rest of our lives would've fared well." — The Shins
"New Slang" by the Shins sounds like a quiet drive down a little neighborhood side road, and the lyrics are perfect for pairing with a sensitive picture of you gazing off into the orange and brown landscapes of a faraway land.
5. "In the quivering forest, where the shivering dog rests, our good grandfather built a wooden nest. And the river got frozen, and the hole got snowed in, and the yellow moon glowed bright till the morning light." — Fleet Foxes
"Blue Ridge Mountains" is the perfect song for getting lost on your favorite fall hike up in the woods.
6. "Autumn in New York, why does it seem so inviting? Autumn in New York, it spells the thrill of first-nighting." — Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
This is a classic, "Autumn in New York" song — or a song for anywhere you are in the country.
7. "Tell her to weave it in a sycamore wood lane, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. And gather it all with a basket of flowers, and then she'll be a true love of mine." — Simon and Garfunkel
The sounds of "Scarborough Fair" carry a hint of mystery to them. If you're keen enough, you can smell the crispness of the season echoed in this song's notes — and use their lyrics to give your Instagram followers a true taste of the natural feel of fall.