Monday, Mar. 13, 2017 is National Napping Day, which means that it's a day to get your sleep on (which should be welcome, considering Daylight Saving Time just went into effect on Mar. 12). That in mind, these quotes about napping for National Napping Day will help to get you in the snooze mood. As it turns out, there are quite a few famous faces that have something to say about sleep, and you know what? It's all good news!
Is there anything better than taking a nice, uninterrupted nap after a long day out and about? I don't think so. Whether it's freezing outside (and you have the space heater blowing while you're bundled up in blankets) or it's a beautifully warm day (and you have the windows open with the fresh breeze floating in), a nap is pretty much the perfect way to spend any afternoon.
According to a Gallup report, two out of five Americans don't get the recommended seven or more hours of sleep a night. That means a whopping 40 percent of Americans could probably do with a nap at some point throughout their day. The power of sleep should never be underestimated. If you need any more convincing of that fact, make your way through these quotes about napping below. Chances are that once you finish reading them, you'll have the sudden urge to go burrow under your blankets for a couple hours.
1. "But the important thing is to lie down and fall asleep. That little nap means you wake up fresh again and can continue." — James Levine
2. "No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap." — Carrie Snow
3. "Surely, anyway, a working day of eight or nine hours which is not split by a nap is simply too much for a human being to take, day in, day out, and particularly so in hot weather." — Tom Hodgkinson
4. "Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap." — Barbara Jordan
5. "I love being able to take a nap in the afternoon." — Edie Falco
6. "There is more refreshment and stimulation in a nap, even of the briefest, than in all the alcohol ever distilled." — Ovid
7. "Sleep more at night. If it's allowed at work or home, take a nap in the afternoon. You'll be amazed at how much better you'll feel." — Ben Stein
8. "I eat really healthy, and if I'm tired, I take a nap." — Casper Van Dien
9. "I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap." — Bob Hope
10. "Laziness works. And the simple way to incorporate its health benefits into your life is simply to take a nap." — Tom Hodgkinson
11. "I catnap now and then, but I think while I nap, so it's not a waste of time." — Martha Stewart
12. "I'm the nap champion." — Leslie Odom, Jr.
13. "When the going gets tough, the tough take a nap." — Tom Hodgkinson