A day spent with a BFF is a day well spent. That being said, Aug. 6 is the perfect day to share these BFF quotes for National Friendship Day with your bestie. These words of wisdom manage to sum up exactly what a friendship is, as well as all of the beauty that goes hand in hand with fostering one. Is it worth reading through all of these quotes today? Absolutely.
How does one sum up a best friend? It's not an easy task. They make you laugh, they cry with you, and they tend to make everyday that much more entertaining. You can have one or you can have many. You can live in the same city, or you can live thousands of miles away. There's no formula to a friendship, except perhaps pouring tons and tons of love into it. These quotes capture exactly that.
Whether you'll be posting a photo of you and your bestie on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Snapchat this National Friendship Day, make it even better by pairing it with one of these lovely quotes. Sometimes it's hard to put into words everything that a friend means you — fortunately, these quotes can do it for you.
1. "I have learned that to be with those I like is enough." — Walt Whitman
2. "Friends are the best to turn to when you're having a rough day." — Justin Bieber
3. "If you have one true friend you have more than your share." — Thomas Fuller
4. "Love is flower like; Friendship is like a sheltering tree." — Samuel Taylor Coleridge
5. "Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." — Anais Nin
6. "Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant." — Socrates
7. "Two persons cannot long be friends if they cannot forgive each other's little failings." — Jean de la Bruyere
8. "A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same." — Elbert Hubbard
9. "A friend is a gift you give yourself." — Robert Louis Stevenson
10. "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend." — King Solomon
11. "A quarrel between friends, when made up, adds anew tie to friendship." — Saint Francis de Sales
12. "The best time to make friends is before you need them." — Ethel Barrymore
Images: Amos Bar-Zeev/Unsplash