If you didn't make dinner plans for Jan. 4, you needn't worry, because it just so happens to mark National Spaghetti Day. That's right: you should be indulging in that deliciously tasty pasta on this night, and spending your day sharing anything and everything spaghetti. A good start: these spaghetti quotes for National Spaghetti Day. Who knew there was so much to say about spaghetti? Or really, should it even be that surprising? It is, after all, a dinner staple pretty much around the right.
If we want to get technical, spaghetti is actually just a type of noodle, which means that you can celebrate National Spaghetti Day sans the tomato sauce if you're more of an alfredo fan, or with a light olive oil-based sauce if you feel like whipping up something special in your kitchen. The only thing you have to be sure you're doing is using those long strings of pasta in your dish, because today isn't about penne or rigatoni... it's all about spaghetti.
Whether you'll be ordering in tonight or making your own dinner (or, if you're feeling extra ambitious, making your own pasta), take a moment to scroll through these thoughtful (and at times hilarious) spaghetti quotes. In fact, why not share a couple while you're at it? Social media needs more spaghetti in its feeds, especially on a day like this one.
1. "No man is lonely eating spaghetti; it requires so much attention." — Christopher Morley
2. “The strands of spaghetti were vital, almost alive in my mouth, and the olive oil was singing with flavor. It was hard to imagine that four simple ingredients [olive oil, pasta, garlic and cheese] could marry so perfectly.” — Ruth Reichl
3. “Everything you see I owe to spaghetti.” — Sophia Loren
4. "My sisters like cooking at my place. It has a bit more room, and the food tastes a little bit better. A big pot of spaghetti and sauce, some warm French bread — works all the time. I think I've been eating pasta for 26 years." — Tom Brady
5. "I do know what my first meal in the next world would be... Spaghetti Aglio e Olio, heavy on everything." — Rachael Ray
6. "I always have parmigiano-reggiano, olive oil and pasta at home. When people get sick, they want chicken soup; I want spaghetti with parmesan cheese, olive oil and a bit of lemon zest. It makes me feel better every time." — Isabella Rossellini
7. "My favorite thing is Spaghetti with white clam sauce anywhere on the Amalfi Coast or the Tuscan Coast." — Todd English
8. "Spaghetti can be eaten most successfully if you inhale it like a vacuum cleaner." — Sophia Loren
9. "Spaghetti is love." — Mario Batali
10. "I love spaghetti and meatballs... I eat a lot." — Susan Lucci
11. "I love spaghetti. And I like to cook spaghetti. And I used to eat it every day." — Christopher Walken