Not sure what to write as your Twitter or Facebook status on Sunday, June 18? How about one of these tearjerking Father's Day quotes to share on Facebook? While social media isn't everything, it is a great way to show your love for dad and share it with the world (or, at the very least, your followers). Even if dad himself doesn't read it, chances are that the rest of your family will, reminding them to give dad a shoutout too.
These Father's Day quotes celebrate just how amazing dads really are in the lives of their children. There are also a few quotes scattered in the mix for those who have lost their fathers, because just because somebody's physically gone doesn't mean that their memory doesn't continue to live on forever.
Take the time and energy to celebrate your father this Father's Day, and remind your siblings to do the same. Be it with a gift, a trip, or even a hug, let your dad know how special he is to you. Dads rarely ask for much, and considering how much they do for their children, celebrating their existence once a year is an simple and thoughtful thing we can all do.
1. "I want to congratulate all the men out there who are working diligently to be good fathers whether they are stepfathers, or biological fathers or just spiritual fathers." — T. D. Jakes
2. "Without my dad, I wouldn't be here." — Maria Sharapova
3. "My dad's not here, but he's watching in heaven." — Bubba Watson
4. "One of the greatest titles in the world is parent, and one of the biggest blessings in the world is to have parents to call mom and dad." — Jim DeMint
5. "Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes." — Gloria Naylor
6. "My role model is my dad." — Seann William Scott
7. "It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was." — Anne Sexton
8. "I admire my father greatly." — Kojo Annan
9. "My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me." — Jim Valvano
10. "Dad, wherever you are, you are gone but you will never be forgotten." — Conrad Hall
Images: Andre Hunter/Unsplash