Bustle and Coveteur are working together to bring you the best mix of the season's hottest releases, shopping tips, and gifting ideas in ways that are both inspirational, and attainable. Check The Holiday Edit channel weekly to see what we're up to.
When it comes down to it, the holidays are really about doing the most. The sparkliest lights, the merriest music, the biggest presents, the sweetest cookies, and the most extra outfits. And let's be real — if you don't wear the most extra dress to all of your holiday functions, are you really doing the season right? While there's no stopping you from wearing the most over-the-top ensembles year-round, there's something special about doing it during the holidays — it just makes sense. Picture it: You in your most dramatic dress, juxtaposed with boughs of holly, a tower of gifts, and twinkling ornaments in the background. It's a Kirakira dream.
While minimalism has been all the rage, fashion has definitely taken note of the trend of being extra, fully embracing it for the holiday season. From glittering sequins to exaggerated sleeves, there's endless ways to stylishly stand out at your next festive function. Prepare for the compliments to start rolling in.
1. Ammo De La Loire Dramatic Dress
2. Charlize Metallic Jersey Gown
3. Multi-Color Cosmic Print Chiffon Ruffle Skater Dress
This constellation printed dress is basically out of this world.
4. Pleated Off-Shoulder Dress
5. Plus Size Distressed Sweater Dress
6. Sophia Dress
7. Silver Sequin Lace Trim Bodycon Dress
If you've ever wondered what Kourtney Kardashian would wear to a holiday party, wonder no more. Her collection with PrettyLittleThing is filled with over-the-top dresses you could rock to your next holiday function if you're feeling particularly sassy.
8. Green Sequined Dress
9. ASOS CURVE Dramatic Pleated Sleeve Mini Shift Dress
The sleeves! The color! The cut!
10. The Kye Dress
11. Sequin Off the Shoulder Flare Sleeve Dress
12. Stylestalker Sasha Rose One Shoulder Dress
13. Velvet Sheer Bell-Sleeve Jumpsuit
14. Women's Ruffle Sleeve Velvet Fit & Flare
15. Open End Embellished Chiffon Dress
16. Akira Fairy Dust Tiered Hem Sparkly Mini Dress
17. ASOS RED CARPET Deep Plunge Cocktail Mini Dress with Extreme Sleeve
This sassy, '80s-inspired hot magenta dress is not for the faint of heart.