These Eco-Friendly Towels Reduce Your Carbon Footprint — & They’re Super Soft Too
Shopping for eco-friendly towels can be tricky. Since there isn't really a universal standard, it can be difficult to know if they're as environmentally sound as they claim to be. One helpful strategy when you're looking for the best eco-friendly towels is to seek out options with special environmental certifications. These certifications ensure independent verification of the company's sustainability practices. The most reliable certifications include:
- GOTS-certified: Not only does the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certification ensure that 70% of the fibers in a textile are organic, but it also requires manufacturers to meet certain water and energy consumption standards during production.
- OEKO TEX-certified: The OEKO-TEX certification guarantees that materials have been tested to be ecologically sound and not harmful to human health.
- GRS-certified: The Global Recycle Standard (GRS) verifies recycled content and requires good social, environmental, and chemical practices during production.
Once you've verified that the product you're considering is indeed eco-friendly, other qualities to look for in high quality bath towels include:
- Soft: Organic cotton and bamboo are usually your best bet for a soft feel, although alternatives such as hemp or flax can also be gentle on skin.
- Absorbent: Reading the reviews is an excellent method for determining how absorbent the weave is. Cotton tends to be the most absorbent, although bamboo and flax perform well too.
- Quick-drying: Bamboo, polyester, and other alternative fabrics can help your towel dry quickly, which is not only more comfortable and convenient, but prevents odor, too.
With these factors in mind, I did some research and rounded up the best eco-friendly towels on Amazon. Take a look below to find one that fits your lifestyle the best.
We only recommend products we love and that we think you will, too. We may receive a portion of sales from products purchased from this article, which was written by our Commerce team.