The 56 Best "Mooch" Jokes Following Scaramucci's Abrupt Firing
When Reince Priebus resigned on Friday afternoon and capped off the White House's week from hell — a week that had boasted two firings, one transphobic policy, one failed healthcare proposal, and roughly eight unprintable New Yorker quotes — you probably thought the administration would stay quiet for a while. Not so fast! By the end of Gen. John Kelly's first day as chief of staff, Anthony Scaramucci, aka "The Mooch," had been unceremoniously fired. Twitter leapt into the fray with some glorious "The Mooch" jokes, just to rub salt in the White House's wounds.
In case you're losing track of the increasingly far-fetched storylines in this season of The Trump Administration: Reince Priebus didn't hire a communications director as quickly as Trump wanted. Trump bypassed Priebus, then the president's chief of staff, to hire financier Anthony Scaramucci. Both Priebus and ally Sean Spicer vehemently opposed Scaramucci's hiring, and Spicer quit in protest. This was swiftly followed by Priebus' resignation, which was then followed by Scaramucci's. Oh, and Gen. John Kelly took over Priebus' job and fired Scaramucci within one working day. Still with me?
If not, I don't blame you. It's been one hell of a week for the Trump administration, and Twitter is here for it.
1. He Won't Even Make The Dinner
2. Farewell, Mooch
3. Your Grandchildren Will Be So Confused
4. Even Thomas Can't Handle It
5. A New Best Friend
6. A Poetic Twist
7. A Lost Episode Come To Life
8. We'll Always Have This
9. What Could These Two Be Doing?
10. Ten Very Bad Days
11. We'll Always Have Tori
12. The General And The Mooch
13. Trump's Icarus
14. Seriously, What's Going On?
15. Keeping Up With The White House
16. The Fandango Is No More
17. Sorry About That, Bud
18. 2,400 Plays Long
19. How To Lose A Mooch In 10 Days
20. Employee Of The Week
21. There's Been A Lot Going On
22. Got Milk?
23. Loyalty Lost
24. "Like A Fruit Fly"
25. Can't Catch A Break
26. Shine Bright, You Crazy Diamond
27. Sorry, Moochie
28. It's One Hell Of A Job
29. You Can Use This Meme For Everything!
30. This. Old. Tweet.
31. Kim K Has Nothing On Trump
32. The Fallen
33. Just Like Tinder
34. More Fantastic Queen Puns
35. The Mooch 4 Ever
36. I'm Back!
37. What Would Sean Do?
38. But Was He Really Fired?
39. Cast The First Stone
40. Luckily For Priebus, Spicer, And Scaramucci...
41. All Of Five Minutes
42. He Hadn't Even Started Yet!
43. Next Up...
44. Day Trading
45. Some Things That Beat Him
46. Hiding In A Drawer
47. Speaking Of That Metaphor...
48. He's Back On The Market
49. Hey, Mooch...
50. Even Chris Harrison Is Weighing In
51. Too Much Of The Mooch
52. Will Somebody Think Of Pickle?
53. You Know What Would Be Fun?
54. Trump Is Certainly Creating Jobs
55. The Mooch Era
56. He Could Come Back For A Cameo
Whatever you might think about the Trump administration's last ten days, you can't deny that it's given a lot of people an opportunity to sharpen their 140-character jokes.