Oh, the marvels of an electric skillet — it heats up quickly and frees up space on your stovetop (or allows you to whip up tasty creations when you don't have a stove to work with). But shopping around can be daunting, especially if you don't know what to look for. Below, I've made a list of the best electric skillets to help you out. During my research, I looked for the following features:
- Nonstick coating: All of the skillets below feature a nonstick coating to prevent your food from sticking to the pan. This also makes for easier cleanup. The tradeoff is that you should avoid using metal utensils, since they may damage the coating.
- Temperature controls: In order to ensure precise heating, all of my selections have easy-turn dials that allow you to set the temperature up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.
- Cool-touch handles: With the exception one stainless steel option, all of my selections boast handles made of heat-resistant material that won't burn your hands.
- Liquid draining system: A nice perk to have, some of the selections have mechanisms to drain fluids from the pan, be it a hole in the leg or a convenient pour spout.
- Dishwasher-safe parts: Finally, most of my picks have parts that are dishwasher-friendly for even easier cleanup.
Given these features, take a look at the best electric skillets below. My picks range in size, from an 8-quart skillet to a compact option that's perfect for solo meals, so you can find the right addition to your kitchen.