This Rice Krispies Treat Recipe For One Is The Easiest Dessert You Can Make For Yourself
When it comes to classic sweets, I think we can all agree that Rice Krispies Treats are high up on the list. Between the crunchy cereal and gooey marshmallows, how can anyone resist? Luckily, it's also ridiculously easy to recreate at home, especially if you make a single Rice Krispies treat recipe. It takes basically no time to put together, it's a simple recipe, and it's just enough for one serving — so you don't have to deal with leftovers later! Whenever you want another, all you have to do is make another — you'll always have a fresh Rice Krispies Treat. It's a win/win!
This version is sweet and simple too, so you don't need to be a culinary master or Martha Stewart to make it. Even if you have no experience in the kitchen, you'll have no problem mastering this recipe within an hour. So, go on — you’re an actual grownup now, so you deserve a fresh and gooey Rice Krispies treat each and every time you want one. So, without further ado, here's how to make it happen:
Rice Krispies Treat For One
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- 9 jumbo marshmallows (or 1 cup regular marshmallows)
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder or cinnamon (both optional — use whatever you want!)
Grease a small container or ramekin with a bit of butter. Set aside.
1. In a small pot, melt the remaining butter and marshmallows over low heat. Mix frequently and make sure the marshmallows do not bubble or burn.
2. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
If you'd like to add extra ingredients like cocoa powder or cinnamon, do so during this step.
3. Add the Rice Krispies cereal.
4. Mix well until the mixture becomes one big clump.
5. To avoid a sticky mess, let it cool for a couple minutes. Transfer the mixture into the greased container and press into an even layer.
6. Let sit until completely cool, about one hour. If you're in a rush, stick it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
This recipe is as classic as it gets. Don't let that stop you from sprucing things up, though. Here are some ways to jazz up a simple Rice Krispies Treat.
For an autumn-inspired touch, add one teaspoon of pumpkin spice to the butter-marshmallow mixture. You can also add cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove for even more flavor. Finally, top off the rice crispy treat with an extra dash of pumpkin spice.
Cocoa powder makes everything better. To use it in this recipe, add 1 teaspoon to the melted marshmallows and mix well. Press in some chocolate chips just before it cools.
For a natural dose of sweetness, add 1/4 cup of dried fruit to the mix. Delicious ideas include raisins, apricot, and mango. Just be sure to opt for the kind that doesn't have added sugar.
You can never go wrong with a generous dose of peanut butter. After pressing the Rice Krispies Treat mixture into the greased container, spread a layer of peanut butter on top. The same can be done with other nut or seed butters made of almonds, cashews, or sunflower seeds.
For an instant party treat, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of rainbow sprinkles. Done and done.
Save stale cookies from the trash by crushing them up and throwing them in with the Rice Krispies cereal. Something tells me this would be especially amazing with Oreos, gingersnaps, or Girl Scouts cookies.
Seriously, there are so many things you can do with this single Rice Krispies Treat. Being an adult isn't so bad after all, right?