Although filming on Bachelor in Paradise had only just begun, it's already been stopped after "allegations of misconduct," according to a statement from Warner Brothers to The Hollywood Reporter. But what happened on Bachelor in Paradise that required production to shut down? According to the Warner Brothers statement from THR, "We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.”
UPDATE #1: In a video posted by TMZ, Jackson says "no comment" in response to numerous questions about the alleged incident. Asked if he's upset about reports alleging that Olympios claims she did not give consent, Jackson responded, ""No, no. I'm all good."
UPDATE #2: On Wednesday, June 14, Corinne Olympios' rep released a statement about the Bachelor In Paradise allegations to Bustle:
“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production. As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”
UPDATE #3: On the evening of Wednesday, June 14, Jackson released a statement about Olympios' allegations to E! News:
"It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws."
UPDATE #4: On June 20 an ABC spokesperson provided the following statement to Bustle:
“We appreciate the swift and complete investigation by Warner Bros. into allegations of misconduct on the set of ‘Bachelor in Paradise.’ Given their results, the series will resume production, and will air this summer on ABC.”
UPDATE #5: After the results of the investigation were announced, Corinne's lawyer Martin Singer released this statement to Bustle: (Bustle reached out to Warner Brothers about this new statement but has not yet received a reply.)
“It needs to be made crystal clear that production of Bachelor in Paradise was shut down because of multiple complaints received from BIP producers and crew members on the set. It was not shut down due to any complaint filed by Corinne against anyone.
It comes as no surprise that Warner Bros., as a result of its own internal investigation, would state that no wrong doing had occurred. Our own investigation will continue based on multiple new witnesses coming forward revealing what they saw and heard.”
EARLIER: Bustle reached out to ABC for comment but has not yet received a response. But, claims are flying fast online with multiple sources from Bachelor spoiler Reality Steve to LA Times writer Amy Kaufman claiming that Corinne and DeMario were allegedly involved in whatever happened. According to Kaufman, a "source" claimed to her that "a producer filed a 'third party complaint,'" after DeMario and Corinne allegedly had a drunken hookup during filming. Her reports have not yet been corroborated, but Reality Steve did also tweet that the situation allegedly involved Corinne and DeMario. Update: On Monday, TMZ reported that sources allegedly close to the female contestant have been told that she was reportedly "in a blackout state" during the alleged incident and "remembers nothing." In addition, the sources also claim that she "doesn't fully blame DeMario because he too was drunk." A statement directly from the contestant herself has yet to be given.
Update #2: In a video posted by TMZ, Jackson says "no comment" in response to numerous questions about the alleged incident. Asked if he's upset about reports alleging that Olympios claims she did not give consent, Jackson responded, "No, no. I'm all good."
Earlier: At this point, all we know is that something bad enough happened that production was stopped, and it's unclear if it will start up again. The cast was flown home from Mexico already, as evidenced by many airport pictures from them.
Corinne also recently posted a photo of herself indicating that her time filming has wrapped.
Hopefully once the Warner Brothers investigation has been completed we will learn more about what happened. But, until then, let's keep the speculation to a minimum — because spreading rumors doesn't help anyone.