Reese Witherspoon Still Follows Elle Woods' Style Advice, Plus 7 Of Her Most Elle Woods-Approved Looks
Elle Woods is arguably one of the most iconic movie characters of all time—and honestly one of the reasons I've considered going to law school on more than one occasion. Not only was she nice, smart, and totally onto color blocking before it became a real thing, Elle Woods was also filled with excellent advice. In fact, Reese Witherspoon still follows some of Elle Woods' style advice today (and no, it's not the bend and snap, although that would be hilarious).
When Elle Woods said, "when you look good, you feel good," Reese Witherspoon took it to heart, telling People Magazine, “I know that’s what Elle Woods says, but it’s true! When you look good, you feel good.” Fourteen years after saying this line in Legally Blonde, Witherspoon still believes it and her style choices—and huge grin—are always indicative of this.
Like, seriously, have you ever seen a photo of Reese Witherspoon where she wasn't super happy? Did she also happen to look flawless? It's probably not a coincidence. Looking good legitimately makes you feel good, giving you confidence to take on the world, whether its just making it to class on time or defending a workout instructor charged with murder as a first year law student.
Anyway, here are Witherspoon's 7 best looks that Elle Woods would totally approve of.
1. Looking fresh to death in Jason Wu at the 2015 Met Gala
Red is a shade of pink, no?
2. Glowing in yellow at the 2007 Golden Globes (and those bangs!)
Elle might not have been fond of orange, but yellow gold is totally A-OK, we think.
3. Giving off retro vibes at the 2013 Oscars
Elle would've totally loved those retro waves and that deep blue gown.
4. Looking glamorous in vintage Dior at the 2006 Oscars
Vintage is always a good choice.
5. Rocking a sexy Stella McCartney dress for the premiere of Water For Elephants in 2011
Sexy, yet classy — Elle's M.O.!
6. All smiles and high ponytails at the 2011 Oscars
Elle would've worn this to her partner holiday party or something.
7. Looking like a goddess in this purple Stella McCartney gown at the 2015 BAFTA Film Awards
"YAS QUEEN." - Elle Woods
Images: Getty (7)