How To Make A Bingo Board For The GOP Primary Debate, Because There's No Such Thing As Too Much Fun In Politics
Hopefully, you've been convinced by now that watching the GOP primary debate on Thursday night is a good idea. You obviously want to be an informed voter and hear what the Republican candidates have to say about key issues like immigration, education, climate change, and so forth — but that doesn't mean you can't have a little fun with it. Why not make a bingo board for the GOP primary debate to play while you watch?
As tempting as it is to frame the debate as Donald Trump's hair versus everyone else's, there will be nine other candidates up on stage who have issues that they are vocal about and points-of-view that are hotly contested. From claims that climate change is not a real threat to an effort to defund Planned Parenthood, the Republican Party is certainly not without controversy. A great way to capture that controversy — and to distract yourself from the offensive things you might hear — is to play some bingo. You can put just about anything on a bingo board, but here are some suggestions to get started. The Democratic Party has made a bingo board of its own, but you don't need to spend any money to enjoy yourself. Just use a free, online bingo card generator and have a good time!
1. A candidate says, "I'm not a scientist" in reference to climate change.
2. Donald Trump compares immigrants to criminals in some way.
3. A candidate refers to Planned Parenthood or abortion as a "man's issue."
4. Donald Trump says that he's not a politician.
5. A candidate insists that they will "secure" or "clean up" the border.
6. A candidate promises to repeal Obamacare.
7. A candidate ridicules the concept of tuition-free higher education.
8. A candidate says that the Iran deal will somehow lead to the demise of Israel.
9. A candidate says they would have invaded Iraq, too.
10. A candidate calls out Hillary Clinton for the email scandal.
11. A candidate references Ronald Reagan.
12. A candidate argues that marriage is between a man and a woman.
13. "Government shutdown."
14. A candidate criticizes "liberals," "the liberal media," or "the left."
16. "Radical Islam."
17. A candidate says the U.S. needs to be a better ally to Israel.
18. A candidate acts like they know the Constitution better than anyone else.
19. Donald Trump says he will "Make America Great Again."
20. A candidate argues against a higher minimum wage.
21. A candidate dodges a question.
22. A candidate vehemently disagrees with Donald Trump.
23. Jeb Bush defends his brother.
24. A candidate blames everything on Obama.
Obviously, this is just a list of suggestions — it is entirely possible that not all of these things will happen during the debate, and that some other, completely outrageous things will occur. But feel free to use these — and make sure you pay attention!