18 Tom Ford Red Carpet Moments That Stunned, Because He's A Master Of Elegant Formal Wear
Since the debut of his line back in 2004, Tom Ford has wowed on the red carpet time and time again. Heck, even before he started his own label, he was pretty darn successful — he is credited with resurrecting Gucci, after all. He's also got a prestige cosmetics line, the kind most of us can only admire from afar — stars like Mindy Kaling may wax poetic about Tom Ford Lip Color in Black Orchid, but LBR, most of us aren't going to drop $52 on a single tube of lippie — and he co-wrote and directed an Oscar-nominated film. Last but not least? Ford posed for an iconic cover of Vanity Fair , alongside a nude Scarlett Johansson and Keira Knightley (which was later epically spoofed by Jason Segel, Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, and Paul Rudd). Long story short, Mr. Ford's quite the multi-talented guy — but it's always his spectacular designs that will come first.
After all, how many countless stunners has he designed over the years? Remember that bejeweled pasties number Rihanna wore to the amfAR Inspiration Gala? How about Gwyneth Paltrow's caped Oscars gown? Let's face it, there are a lot of fabulous Tom Ford creations out there — so let's take a few seconds to peruse some of his best!
1. Reese Witherspoon at the 2015 Academy Awards
Graphic, impeccably tailored, and just plain cool.
2. Julianne Moore at the Tom Ford Fall 2015 Front Row
Speaking of just plain cool? Green sparkles and brocade.
3. Rita Ora at the 2014 British Fashion Awards
Um, wow (also, a nice assist from Mr. Ford himself).
4. Rihanna at the 2014 amfAR LA Inspiration Gala
Straight up ICONIC.
5. Beyonce at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards
Okay, technically not a red carpet ensemble, but it would be wrong not to include this, right?
6. Jennifer Lawrence at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party
Reason #2392 why we’re all sad about J. Law’s Dior contract (though I’m sure she’s laughing all the way to the bank).
7. Naomi Watts at the 2014 Golden Globe Awards
Pretty much unimpeachably gorgeous.
8. Rila Fukushima at the Tokyo Premiere of The Wolverine
The color’s perfection, and the detailed bodice is dynamite.
9. Jennifer Lopez at the 4th Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala in New York
Can you say, “stunning?”
10. Joan Smalls at the 2013 Met Gala
Another sheer, body-con stunner (featuring another assist from Ford).
11. Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel at the 2013 Time 100 Gala
Mr. and Mrs. Timberlake Wear Tom Ford Fabulously, Part 1…
12. Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel at Tom Ford's Fall 2013 Presentation
… and Mr. and Mrs. Timberlake Wear Tom Ford Fabulously, Part 2.
13. Eva Green at the Los Angeles Premiere of 'Dark Shadows'
Like an ice skating costume gone rogue? Yes — but that doesn’t mean Ms. Eva Green isn’t working the absolute hell out of it.
14. Eva Green at the London Premiere of 'Dark Shadows'
Fabulouser and fabuloser!
15. Rihanna at the 2012 Met Gala
16. Gwyneth Paltrow at the 2012 Oscars
Love her or hate her, you’ve got to admit that she basically nailed it with this dress.
17. Emma Stone at the World Premiere of 'Crazy, Stupid, Love'
Ms. Stone has always been something of a style chameleon, and she worked this architectural lacy black number with serious aplomb.
18. Michelle Obama at the Buckingham Palace State Banquet
So beautiful it hurts.