If you're starving for more new Hunger Games updates, I come bearing gifts. Three new Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 2 posters have been released, announcing the premiere dates in United Kingdom, Berlin, and Paris respectively. But even if you're not solidly in Europe (like me, who frankly wasn't concerned about when the movie would come out in Germany), there's plenty you can assume from this new peak at Mockingjay — Part 2.
And the keyword here is "assume" because TBH there isn't a lot we can squeeze out of these pictures. All of the posters, which feature Katniss, Peeta, and Gale respectively, pretty much look like stills from the film with text slapped over it, and they're not even spoilery stills that can tell us everything about the plot without requiring us to actually pick up one of the books. But, with a little creativity and an expansive imagination there is definitely brand new information to acquire. Most of it is in the vein of hot revolution style, but, hey, we could always use more beauty tips when we're in the midst of overthrowing the Capitol.
In any case, here are 12 things we can garner from these three brand new Mockingjay — Part 2 posters.
1. Katniss has invested in a casual puffy jacket that looks like it was made out of the finest turquoise dinosaur skin (no, seriously, what kind of textile has that texture).
2. Obviously she's determined to stay warm no matter what chaos the revolution brings.
3. But, somehow, her impoverished life in District 12 has shielded her from the obvious knowledge that to stay warm you have to keep your head warm. So, um, keep your hood on, Katniss.
4. It seems that Katniss will go four movies without learning to properly emote, as her three faces are consistently "crumpled freak out face," "stone cold stare," and "mouth agape."
5. Peeta will be chilling with his fellow members of the black suit club.
6. Peeta is also wearing weird wristlets, which either means he gets imprisoned and those are handcuffs, or he got some awkward freebies at New York Fashion Week.
7. Also, everyone invested in some chest plates that are functional and slimming.
8. But, most importantly, everyone is perfecting their side eye game, which is really the only weapon you need. Semi-automatics are optional.
9. Gale has not gotten any less hot since the last movie.
10. Somehow, he got a hold of some top notch hair products in the middle of a revolution, because, seriously, look at that volume!
11. I guess his weapon is going to be "fanciful crossbow" this time around?
12. This is the moment where Gale is looking out into the warfare, and he's overcome with the heart-wrenching feeling that he should've bought some sunglasses. I thought that they were going to cut that part from the book, but thank goodness it made it into the film.
Yeah, I feel like we're going to have to wait until Mockingjay — Part 2 comes out before we have a real idea what's going on. So stay tuned until Mockingjay hits theaters on Nov. 20.