Little Mix’s "Love Me Like You" Music Video Will Make You Nostalgic For Teen Romance
A wise man once said "The course of true love never did run smooth." William Shakespeare's sentiment is totally valid — especially in the context of Little Mix's new video for "Love Me Like You." The visual places the four women at a high school dance where they learn a tough lesson about teen love.
The setting is perfect for the vibe of the song, which is delightfully retro and showcases the singers' vocals, while still feeling fresh and relevant. While Little Mix looks and sounds wonderful, they're placed in the unfortunate situation of being played by the same guy. The beginning of "Love Me Like You" shows him sweeping each singer off of her feet in a different situation. In each instance, he presents the lady with a pink rose corsage.
"Love Me Like You" is admittedly a little tongue-in-cheek at times, but Little Mix commit, so it totally works. (Seriously, their reactions when the guy walks in the high school gym are priceless.) Even though things don't work out for the women, the video is full of adorable moments that highlight the ups and downs of teen romance.
Check out 11 times we felt nostalgic for high school love in the "Love Me Like You" video.
1. When The High School Chaperone Bans Canoodling
There will be no funny business at this dance.
2. When Jade Thirlwall's Date Opens Her Car Door
Which is pretty much the epitome of being swept off your feet.
3. And She's Completely Charmed, Of Course
As we all would be.
4. When Leigh-Anne Pinnock Is Wooed By The Star Athlete
And her reaction is perfect.
5. When Little Mix Slays In Their Glam Outfits
Why did I never look like this at my high school dances?
6. When Jesy Nelson's Date Makes A Move
He thinks he's being smooth.
7. When Perrie Edwards' Love At First Sight Is All Of Us
8. And Her Knight In Shining Armor Saves the Day
Where is this kind of chivalry IRL?
9. When They Spot Their Crush
Fact: This is what I look like when my crush texts me.
10. When They're Primping In The Bathroom
So high school!
11. When Their Hearts Are Broken
Trust me, Little Mix, you can do waaaay better.
Only Little Mix could deliver a dose of teen nostalgia this perfectly.
Images: Sony Music (screenshot); Sony Music (11)