When we're so wrapped up in the joy of being able to wear scarves again and are busy sipping the deliciousness of our pumpkin spice lattes, fall seems like the greatest season ever. It's so great, in fact, that you can completely ignore that chill in the air, and forget about the fact that it's only going to get colder. So, you might be looking for some inspirational autumn quotes to make that cooler temperature seem, well, not so miserable and threatening.
Like everybody else, I absolutely love fall. And, part of what I love most is that crisp and refreshing air. But, we all know that it doesn't take long for all of the leaves to fall off the trees — and the temperature always drops along with them. Before you know it, the snow is flying, and you're huddled inside debating whether or not you'll ever be able to leave your house again.
Despite what you might think, cold weather doesn't necessarily need to mean total misery. The weather — and, of course, the autumn season — can actually be pretty beautiful. And, there's nothing to remind you of that fact like a few great quotes. So, I've rounded up 10 quotes to help you focus on the beauty of fall — crisp weather or not.
1. "There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been!" — Percy Bysshe Shelley
2. "I trust in nature for the stable laws of beauty and utility. Spring shall plant and autumn garner to the end of time." — Robert Browning
3. "No man can taste the fruits of autumn while he is delighting his scent with the flowers of spring." — Samuel Johnson
4. "Autumn... the year's last, loveliest smile." — William Cullen Bryant
5. "When the weather is hot, keep a cool mind. When the weather is cold, keep a warm heart." — Ajahn Brahm
6. "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." — Albert Camus
7. "Two sounds of autumn are unmistakable... the hurrying rustle of crisp leaves blown along the street by a gust of wind, and the gabble of a flock of migrating geese." — Hal Borland
8. "I like the cold weather. It means you get work done." — Noam Chomsky
9. "Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons." — Jim Bishop
10. "No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face." — John Donne
Images: brilo-de-canta/Flickr; Giphy (5)