18 Of Alexa Chung's Greatest Fashion Moments
Oh, Alexa: Would that we could all live in your closet. Can you imagine how amazing it must be in Alexa Chung's wardrobe? Chanel party dresses, side by side with her trademark tomboy-esque wares, all surrounded with a generous contingency of Charlotte Olympia's quirky kitty flats... There's certainly a reason why model/designer/CEO Chung has made her way into our collective hearts as a bona fide fashion darling over the years — and really, would we expect anything less from the entrepreneur who created an app inspired by Cher's high-tech closet from Clueless ?
Honestly, there are few people in the world with better fashion game than Chung — after all, the lady's got serious range; she can wear everything from supremely elegant, delicately-embroidered Valentino to irreverently oversized pullovers paired with silver statement skirts. Heck, she's also been known to work wonders with denim, and she's got quite the fabulous track record when it comes to fashion week street style.
With all that in mind, why not celebrate Chung's inherent awesomeness with a little list? She's worn so many amazing outfits over the years — so let's peruse some of her best ensembles!
1. In Balmain x H&M at the Collection Launch Party
Classic with a twist.
2. In Valentino at an Event for Bvlgari
Pure, unadulterated fairy princess madness.
3. In Alessandra Riche at a Celebration for Piaget
The elegant white Alessandra Riche dress is already pretty fab on its own — but the Charlotte Olympia kitty flats definitely kick things up a level.
4. ln Erdem at the 2015 Met Gala
Only Chung could successfully pair powder blue pumps with a fuchsia brocade gown.
5. In Emilia Wickstead at the 2014 British Fashion Awards
Coolest clutch ever, or coolest clutch ever?
6. In Vilshenko at the Launch of Her Nails, Inc Collection
Everything about this look is pure gold.
7. In Chanel at the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition Preview Party
RUFFLES. And patent leather.
8. In Valentino at Milan Fashion Week
It doesn't get much better than a butterfly-covered cape, does it?
9. In Miu Miu at a Screening of Spark & Light
10. In Stella McCartney at the 2013 British Fashion Awards
No one can quite pull of an LWD quite like Chung can.
11. In Bella Freud at the L’Oreal Colour Trophy Awards 2013
Excellent use of sparkles.
12. In Chanel at the Chanel Tribeca Film Festival Artists Dinner
Chanel tweed has rarely looked so irreverently youthful as it does right here.
13. In RED Valentino at the 2013 Grammy Awards
This vintage-y glam look is nothing short of pitch perfect.
14. In Chanel at the Chanel Fine Jewelry’s 80th Anniversary Celebration
Fun, funky, and ladylike — in other words, everything we've come to expect from Ms. Chung.
15. In Bella Freud and Celine at the British Designers Collective Launch
Kind of the perfect outfit (and the kitty flats have returned!).
16. In Mary Katrantzou at a Launch for Vogue Eyewear
What a print.
17. In Chanel at the 2010 British Fashion Awards
Only Chung could make bubblegum pink look this punky.
18. In 3.1 Philip Lim at the 2010 Met Gala
The very picture of gamine.
Want more style tips? Check out the video below, and be sure to subscribe to Bustle’s YouTube page for more hacks and tricks!