11 One Direction 'Made In The A.M.' Lyrics To Comfort Fans During The Long Hiatus
The time has come, the fandom said, to cry of many things. Specifically, I'm speaking of the One Direction fandom, who received a gift and a slap in the face on Friday when One Direction released Made In The A.M., their final album before the band goes on a hiatus that has no set end date just yet. The album was everything you'd want and more from a goodbye album, but it was still a goodbye album, thus making this entire weekend a bittersweet one for Directioners. And, honestly, the band was very aware of that when they were crafting these songs, because there are numerous Made In The A.M. lyrics to comfort fans during the hiatus. While the songs themselves might have different subject matter, these lines are like a safety blanket you can wrap around yourself at night to make it through this.
Saying goodbye to a band isn't easy, no matter how temporary that goodbye might be. While One Direction might return naturally in the same amount of time that they would usually take to put out an album, there's always that fear in the back of a fan's mind that this will be the end. They could be the new Spice Girls, and never get back together, or the new Fall Out Boy, and get back together after almost a decade. One can never know. But when you're worried or scared or sad or just plain missing the boys, check out the lyrics and they might just make you smile again.
1. "I come alive when I hear your voice. It's a beautiful sound. It's a beautiful noise." — "Hey Angel"
Is there any song that One Direction has done that doesn't make their fans feel this way? All their beautiful voices combining to croon into our ears about love and life and loss makes the Directioners come alive.
2. "If I didn't have you, I'd never see the sun. You taught me how to be someone." —"Drag Me Down"
There are numerous members of the Directioner fandom that have credited the boys and their music with getting them through some tough times, with being there for them over the course of their lives, and for helping them grow into the people that they are today. Thus, this line is incredibly poignant, because it's how a lot of them are feeling right now.
3. "If tomorrow you won't be mine, won't you give it to me one last time?" —"Love You Goodbye"
This line pretty much perfectly describes Made In The A.M. They gave it to us one last time all right.
4. "You know I'm always coming back to this place. You know." —"A.M."
DO WE KNOW THAT? DO WE KNOW? But, hey, if the boys are promising both in interviews, and in this line, that they're going to come back, then who are we to doubt them?
5. "Anytime I'm gone, you can listen to my voice and sing along." —"I Want To Write You A Song"
BRB, marathon listening to their entire discography to this point. Twice.
6. "I might never be the hand you put your heart in... but that don’t mean that we can’t live here in the moment." —"Perfect"
I think Directioners will be living in the moment every single day until the band comes back. It's called denial, and it's not just a river in Egypt.
7. "I'm missing half of me when we're apart. Now you know me. For your eyes only." —"If I Could Fly"
Don't even get me started on how perfect "If I Could Fly" is as a goodbye song to the fans. Just leave me here to drown in a pool of my own tears.
8. "I don't need my heart. You can break it. I just can't get too much of you, baby. It's never enough." —"Infinity"
Once again, they're singing exactly how the fandom feels before the fandom even finds a way to express it.
9. "What a feeling to be a king beside you somehow. I wish I could be there now." —"What A Feeling"
What a coincidence. We also wish you could be here now. Why don't you come back? Hiatus for like three days and then, bam, time for a tour. Eh? EH?!
10. "You and me got a whole lot of history, so don't let it go. We can make some more. We can live forever." —"History"
This is so true. We can definitely make some more. Heck, Directions and the band have tons more history to write in the future, despite what a paradox that might sound like. If they think that we'll live forever, then I can't help but believe them.
11. "We had some good times, didn't we? Goodbyes are bittersweet, but it's not the end. I'll see your face again." —"Waiting In The Wind"
I CAN'T. GOODBYE.
So, yeah, this hiatus is going to be rough. Yes, we might have thought we were over it until this album came along to break us all over again. But, as a fandom, we are strong. The band loves us as much as we love them, and they've left us with tons of songs to get us through this hard time. They'll see us again. All we have to do is wait.
Image: Giphy (11)