There is something about the spring that makes the world feel like it's starting anew. These 12 inspiring spring quotes get to the heart of it, reminding us that winter doesn't last forever, both literally and metaphorically. Instead, the first day of spring represents a time of rejuvenation. It's a season that allows nature to come back to life with full vigor and total beauty. Now tell me, what isn't inspiring about that?
The first week of spring always amazes me. During the long, freezing winter, I find it hard to believe that trees will ever get their leaves back or flowers will ever find their bloom again — but sure enough, every year they do, and they manage to do it in only a couple days time. Simply put, spring is magical. Its beauty and elegance amaze me every time.
These 12 inspiring quotes may be speaking about the physical season of spring, but I think it'd be a shame not to read them on another level as well. We go through seasons in our life, and we have to be sure to remember that no season lasts forever. If you're going through some difficult times right now, I encourage you to find solace in these ever graceful words of wisdom below. No matter what season it is outside, you can always visit spring within your heart.
1. “Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.” — Robert H. Schuller
2. “No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.” — Hal Borland
3. “Earth teach me to forget myself as melted snow forgets its life. Earth teach me resignation as the leaves which die in the fall. Earth teach me courage as the tree which stands all alone. Earth teach me regeneration as the seed which rises in the spring.” — William Alexander
4. “The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also.” — Harriet Ann Jacobs
5. “They say it's better to bury your sadness in a graveyard or garden that waits for the spring to wake from its sleep and burst into green.” — Conor Oberst
6. “I trust in nature for the stable laws of beauty and utility. Spring shall plant and autumn garner to the end of time.” — Robert Browning
7. “With the coming of spring, I am calm again.” — Gustav Mahler
8. “Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach
9. “Oh, Spring! I want to go out and feel you and get inspiration. My old things seem dead. I want fresh contacts, more vital searching.” — Emily Carr
10. “Spring was moving in the air above and in the earth below and around him, penetrating even his dark and lowly little house with its spirit of divine discontent and longing.” — Kenneth Grahame
11. “You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming.” — Pablo Neruda
12. “Behold, my friends, the spring is come; the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love!” — Sitting Bull