11 Happiness Quotes To Celebrate International Day Of Happiness
Are you smiling right now? Because you should be — not only is March 20 the first day of spring, it just so happens to also be International Day of Happiness, a holiday that's likely not marked on your calendar, but is important all the same. If the prospects of sunshine, longer days, and warmer weather don't have you grinning, perhaps these happiness quotes will do the trick. Take a gander and see if you aren't glowing by the end of this list. I told you, there's a lot to be cheerful about today.
What is International Day of Happiness, you might wondering? It's a fair question, and one that I'm happy to answer. The United Nations General Assembly first decided to hold an International Day of Happiness in 2013, two years after it adopted a resolution making global happiness a "fundamental human goal." As part of this year's campaign, people are asked to post on social media about what it is that makes them happy, along with the hashtag #InternationalDayOfHappiness. Of course, happiness means different things to different people, but if you're looking for a little inspiration, or you simply want something uplifting to share on your Facebook and Twitter pages, check out these quotes about happiness. Oh, and make sure to smile at someone today. You don't always need words to make an impact.
1. "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." — Mahatma Gandhi
2. "The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it." — Richard Bach
3. "We forge the chains we wear in life." — Charles Dickens
4. "For every minute you are angry you lose 60 seconds of happiness." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. "Happiness is the absence of the striving for happiness." — Zhuangzi
6. "Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness." — Frank Tyger
7. "Happiness depends upon ourselves." — Aristotle
8. "If you want to be happy, be." — Leo Tolstoy
9. "Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be." — Abraham Lincoln
10. "Happiness is like a kiss. You must share it to enjoy it." — Bernard Meltzer
11. "Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy." — Anne Frank
Images: Unsplash; Giphy