Strand Book Store's Best Tweets About Loving Books
Any book-lover who lives in or has visited NYC knows that one of the best bookstores to browse is Strand Book Store. Established in 1927, this eclectic shop has used books, fresh new hardcovers, and an awesome selection of merchandise, including vintage maps to literary-inspired tote bags. Even if you haven’t had the chance to visit this amazing paradise, you’ve probably seen it in a film (such as Julie & Julia or Remember Me) or heard it mentioned in a book or on TV (such as on Gilmore Girls or in the YA book Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares). This spot in Manhattan proves you'll never be alone when you have books.
One of the best things about the Strand is that the employees love books as much as you do, and the bookstore’s Twitter is evidence of that. When they’re not telling readers about awesome book signings and literary events or tweeting about upcoming books they're excited for, they’re doling out some hilarious (and very relatable) wisdom about loving literature. For those of you who live in NYC, you’ve been blessed with a truly beautiful shop. For those who don’t, I recommend planning a trip next time you’re in Manhattan. Until then, here are some of my favorite Strand tweets, so you can enjoy the magic of the Strand (and the magic of being a book-lover), wherever you are.
1. A Description Of The Perfect Party:
2. A Description Of The Perfect iPhone:
4. You Know It's True Love When...
5. Pizza And Books: The Ultimate Combination
6. I'd Read/Watch This:
7. I Love My Kindle, But This Is Too True:
8. Please Cite Your Sources In MLA Format:
9. The Dream:
10. I Completely Agree:
11. My Bookshelf Full Of TBR Novels Understands This:
12. The Perfect Morning = Coffee + A Book
13. Coffee And Books, Wine And Books, Books And Books... Yes
14. Cut Out The Negativity In Your Life
Image: Getty Images