There is no one quite like a brother. Tell him so this Sunday with these National Sibling Day quotes to share with your brother. When I look back on my own childhood, almost every memory I have includes my older brother. These days, we may have both become adults, we may be on opposite sides of country, and we may only see each other a handful of times throughout the year — but none of that can erase our bond. Your brother grows up with you, which means that he knows you on a deeper level than any friend or coworker ever could. That is pretty special if you ask me.
These quotes get to the heart of having a brother. Whether your brother is older or younger, it doesn't make too much of a difference, because a bro is a bro. Sisters are awesome too, but there are some things a brother will teach you that a sister just can't. If you have a brother, make sure you tell him how much you love him this National Sibling Day. In fact, make sure you tell him regularly. He deserves to hear it more than once a year — but these quotes are a good start.
1. "Nothing can stop me from loving my brother." — Brandy Norwood
2. “Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.” — Susan Scarf Merrell
3. “To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other’s hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time." — Clara Ortega
4. “A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self.” — Marian Sandmaier
5. “I don’t believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at.” — Maya Angelou
6. “Everyone knows that if you’ve got a brother, you’re going to fight.” — Liam Gallagher
7. “I, who have no sisters or brothers, look with some degree of innocent envy on those who may be said to be born to friends.” — James Boswell
8. “When I look at each of my brothers, I see two things. First, I see the next place I want to leave a rosy welt. Second, I see a good man who will always be there, no matter how hard life gets for me or him. Then, I get out of the way because I realize he’s coming at me with a wet dish towel.” — Dan Pearce
9. “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.” — Marc Brown
10. “I grew up with a younger brother, so I can get pretty rowdy.” — Sarah Wynter
11. “Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply.” — Jane Austen
12. “There’s no other love like the love for a brother. There’s no other love like the love from a brother.” — Astrid Alauda
13. “Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.” — Anonymous