10 Mother's Day Quotes From Daughters To Share With Mom
Today, the first Sunday in May, is Mother's Day, a time to show some extra appreciation to the woman who raised and cared for you all these years. By now, you've probably already bought her a Mother's Day gift and a card. But how do you find the right words to properly express your gratitude for the decades of love, hugs, and advice? You may find just what you're looking for in one of these heartfelt Mother's Day quotes from daughters to share with mom.
These 10 lines are all simple and to the point, but they manage to convey just how big of an impact your mom has had on your life — from sharing wise words of wisdom to cheering you up when you need it to encouraging you to chase your dreams. And the best part? All these quotes hail from women who share one important thing in common: they love their moms just as much as you do!
So go ahead and get into the spirit of the day by writing down one of these quotes to your mom in her Mother's Day card or better yet, telling her in person. Combine that with a warm hug and that's all you need to make your celebration special. Happy Mother's Day to all the fantastic, super moms out there!
1. "The best place to cry is on a mother's arms." — Jodi Picoult
2. "Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There's no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving." — Gail Tsukiyama
3. "There's no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one." — Jill Churchill
4. "To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow." — Maya Angelou
5. "A mother is a daughter's first best friend." — Unknown
6. "[A] mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled." — Emily Dickinson
7. "A mother's arms are more comforting than anyone else's." — Princess Diana
8. "The relationship between parents and children, but especially between mothers and daughters, is tremendously powerful, scarcely to be comprehended in any rational way." — Joyce Carol Oates
9. "A mother's hug lasts long after she lets go." — Unknown
10. "As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. I cannot now imagine a life without her." — Kristin Hannah
Images: CBS; Giphy (3)