11 Motherhood Quotes To Share On Mother's Day, Because There Is Nothing More Powerful
It's Mother's Day, a holiday dedicated to all the fantastic, loving mothers out there who've made such a difference in our worlds. No matter how you're celebrating, it's the perfect time to tell your mom just how much she means to you. But if you are having trouble finding a way to capture your gratitude for everything that she's done for you throughout the years, don't worry — I'm here to help. These 11 quotes about motherhood are perfect for expressing your gratitude to one of the most important women in your life.
So if you're looking for a meaningful way to express just how much you value your mother and her unwavering love, wisdom, and support, grab your Mother's Day card and fill it with some of these heartfelt lines. From the poetic to the more lighthearted, these words will say it all for you. Your mom will appreciate the warm and genuine sentiments more than you know — probably even more than any of the flowers and gifts you got her. Enjoy celebrating your fantastic mom, and happy Mother's Day to all the strong and incredible women out there who brighten their families and help make this world a better place.
1. "When you look into your mother's eye, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth." — Mitch Albom
2. "Before becoming a mother I had a hundred theories on how to bring up children. Now, I have seven children and only one theory: love them, especially when they least deserve to be loved." — Kate Samperi
3. "Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children." — William Makepeace Thackeray
4. "If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love." — Stevie Wonder
5. "Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother's love is not." — James Joyce
6. "Motherhood: All love begins and ends there." — Robert Browning
7. "Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws." — Barbara Kingsolver
8. "My mother had a good deal of trouble with me but I think she enjoyed it" — Mark Twain
9. "A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts." — Washington Irving
10. "Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all." — Oliver Wendell Holmes
11. "Mother's love is bliss, is peace, it need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ... If it is there, it is like a blessing; if it is not there it is as if all the beauty had gone out of life." — Erich Fromm
Image: Pixabay; Giphy (5)