Ramona Singer: ‘Bachelorette’? The ‘RHONY’ Star Tweets An Intriguing Pitch At ABC
Sorry, Jax Taylor of Vanderpump Rules and Shep Rose of Southern Charm, but you have some new competition in the dream reality television show crossover department. As BravoTV.com points out, Real Housewives of New York City star Ramona Singer tweeted a phenomenal idea at ABC while watching The Bachelorette Season 12 premiere on Monday evening: “How about I’m the next Bachelorette for men above 40.” Uh, yes. How about it, ABC? What I wouldn't give to see the newly single reality television personality yukking it up and breaking hearts and looking for love and turtle timing on the colossal dating show.
Who knows if this was a serious pitch, but who cares? That didn't stop me from picturing what this hypothetical installment of The Bachelorette would look like: Ramona's Rose Ceremony dresses would always be red (it’s her color, doye), Real Housewives costars like Bethenny Frankel and Carole Radizwill would swing by to dole out advice, daughter Avery Singer would probably make a cameo and show support, and so on. And as for the one-on-one and group dates?
- A date at the winery that produces Ramona's pinot grigio.
- A date at a place where you recycle old wine bottles into wine glasses.
- A date at a tennis court.
- A date on the Real Housewives of New York tour bus.
- A date where the Bachelorette hopefuls recreate iconic RHONY scenes in front of a green screen opposite Bravolebrity impersonation powerhouse Amy Phillips.
- A date at a mock RHONY reunion situation cohosted by Andy Cohen and Chris Harrison.
- A date at a turtle sanctuary.
Wow. All of it sounds so Ramona-ntic.
Will the gods of the reality television universe ever make this wish come true? Will the Queen of Turtle Time one day rule the Bachelor Mansion? Just think of the limo introductions! The talking heads! The home visits! The reunion! The outtake reel! Someone get Andy Cohen and Chris Harrison on the line!