What better day to find some friendship quotes to share on Facebook with your favorite people than National Best Friends Day? Rounded up below are 12 heartwarming quotations that truly define what it means to be a friend to someone. From being able to talk about anything in the world to not having to say a word at all, a friend really is there for everything.
How often do we actually take the time to tell our closest friends — and yes, that definitely includes our very best friend — how much we appreciate them? If you are anything like me, it's not nearly often enough. True, they probably know it already, but why not remind them from time to time? If you're starting to feel a little guilt in this department right now, worry not, because today is your day.
Share a quote by tagging a friend on social media, texting one to your bestie, or even writing one in a card to drop in her mailbox (who doesn't love receiving surprise snail mail?). Chances are that you'll make her feel like a million bucks, and if you have a best friend, I'm guessing you wouldn't want to make her feel like anything less.
1. "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'" — C.S. Lewis
2. "Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer." — Ed Cunningham
3. "Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." — Marcel Proust
4. "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." — Walter Winchell
5. "In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." — Albert Schweitzer
6. "True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable." — David Tyson
7. "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." — Anais Nin
8. "A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down." — Arnold Glasgow
9. "You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job." — Laurence Peter
10. "Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together." — Woodrow Wilson
11. "The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart." — Elisabeth Foley
12. "A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." — Bernard Meltzer
Image: Ian Schneider/Unsplash