11 Pride Quotes To Share On Facebook All Month Long
Showing your love for the LGBT community is as important as ever in today's world of ever-changing policies and political turmoil. While there are many ways to demonstrate your support, these Pride quotes to share on Facebook are certainly not a weak start. (And neither is adding that lovely rainbow filter to your profile picture.)
The authors of these quotes are beyond insightful, and their words are filled with beautiful wisdom and thoughtful ideas. After the tragedy in Orlando, it has only become that much more evident how much more love we need to shine on the LGBT community. The hate needs to stop. We should all stand as one in this country, and hopefully most of us already do. If there is an attack on a gay club, it's an attack on everyone — at least that is how I view it.
Demonstrate your pride in the coming weeks by attending festivals, walks, and whatever other events are happening in your area. Making your views known in the world of social media can also make a huge difference in dissolving the hate and spreading the love. We can change the world, and it's important to make sure we never forget that.
1. "What people do in their own homes is their business, and you can choose to love whoever you love." — Jay Z
2. "It always seemed to me a bit pointless to disapprove of homosexuality. It’s like disapproving of rain." — Francis Maude
3. "Being gay is natural. Hating gay is a lifestyle choice." — John Fugelsang
4. "People who can't think of anything else but whether the person you love is convex or concave should be doomed to not think of anything else, and so miss the other 95 percent of life." — Robert Towne
5. "What is straight? A line can be straight, or a street, but the human heart, oh, no, it's curved like a road through mountains." — Tennessee Williams
6. "The important thing is not the object of love, but the emotion itself." — Gore Vidal
7. "If you fall in love with a boy, you fall in love with a boy. The fact that Americans consider it a disease says more about them than it does about homosexuality." — James Baldwin
8. "Marriage should be between a spouse and a spouse, not a gender and a gender." — Hendrik Hertzberg
9. "Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?" — Ernest Gaines
10. "From the time I was a kid, I have never been able to understand attacks upon the gay community. There are so many qualities that make up a human being... by the time I get through with all the things that I really admire about people, what they do with their private parts is probably so low on the list that it is irrelevant." — Paul Newman
11. "There's this illusion that homosexuals have sex and heterosexuals fall in love. That's completely untrue. Everybody wants to be loved." — Boy George