Wonderful news, American Horror Story fans: a date has been set. According to an FX press release, American Horror Story Season 6 will premiere on Sept. 14. It's so close! While the press release did share when the freaky program will be back on TV, it did not divulge the theme of the sixth installment of Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk's creepy miniseries (based on what the showrunners have said, here's my guess: the show will follow a ragtag group of time-traveling demonic children who love pulling pranks and causing mischief). But hey, let us not be greedy. Let us be thankful for what information we have been given.
How are fans supposed to pass the time until American Horror Story finally skulks back onto the small screen? Here’s one idea for ya: build an advent calendar. All you need is one of those over-the-door clear plastic shoe caddy things (a 24-pouch caddy is ideal), one manila folder, some construction paper, a marker, some scary treasures, and a good attitude.
- Step 1: Using a manila folder, create a plastic shoe caddy pouch-shaped stencil.
- Step 2: Trace the manila folder stencil onto the construction paper 24 times.
- Step 3: After you’ve traced the stencil 24 times, cut out all 24 pouch liners.
- Step 4: Number the pouch liners from 1 to 24.
- Step 5: Put the pouch liners in the shoe caddy pouches (you could arrange ‘em in numerical order, but hey, do whatever feels right).
- Step 6: Gather up whatever spooky items you might have lying about your abode (e.g., an Ouija board planchette, cloves of garlic, a book about real-life haunted houses, a truly upsetting clown mask, a Dandy Mott wig, a possibly possessed porcelain doll, et cetera).
- Step 7: Ask a friend or loved one to stuff the spooky items in the shoe caddy pouches while you’re in another room. (I mean, you could always do it yourself, but don’t you want be surprised?)
- Step 8: Once you’re 24 days away from the AHS premiere date, let the advent calendar mayhem begin.
Happy creepy crafting.