12 Back To School Quotes To Get You Excited For A Brand New Year
Summer always manages to slip away, doesn't it? And as if things couldn't get worse, the first day of school creeps up just as quickly, which is why I have rounded up these 12 back to school quotes to help motivate, inspire, and fill us all with gleeful anticipation instead of dread. We really should be looking forward to the first day of school in a perfect world, shouldn't we?
School can be annoying for everybody at some point during their lives (students and teachers are included in that sentiment), but it can also be something that we can all look forward to at some points if we realize what a wonderful thing it really is. The first day of school is like a brand new start — you have a whole year of learning ahead of you, and that's an amazing gift.
By taking advantage of your education, you can help not only yourself, but the entire world. That is something to get excited about if you ask me. You never know where your education will take you to, but you do know that it will take you somewhere. Get fueled up for the school year. The time has come, and there is no more hiding in summer's disappearing arms.
1. “I wish my school days could have dragged on a little longer, or that I could go back and do it later in life.” — Cara Delevingne
2. “I would really like to go back to school. I would love it now.” — Fiona Apple
3. “I went through phases of finding myself: I dabbled in musical theater, chess club, dance troupe, drill team girl, emo kid — and not one of them defined me, but every single one will always play a part in who I am.” — Debby Ryan
4. “The perfect method of learning is analogous to infection. It enters and spreads.” — Leo Stein
5. “The aim of education should be to teach the child to think, not what to think.” — John Dewey
6. “The teacher is one who makes two ideas grow where only one grew before.” — Elbert Hubbard
7. “If someone is going down the wrong road, he doesn’t need motivation to speed him up. What he needs is education to turn him around.” — Jim Rohn
8. “I’m not going to school just for the academics. I wanted to share ideas, to be around people who are passionate about learning.” — Emma Watson
9. “Don’t try so hard to fit in, and certainly don’t try so hard to be different… just try hard to be you.” — Zendaya
10. “I care not what subject is taught, if only it be taught well.” — T. H. Huxley
11. “Education, to be successful, must not only inform, but inspire.” — T. Sharper Knowlson
12. “Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it.” — Henry Ford
Image: Dawid Malecki/Unsplash