1. She Takes on the World by Natalie MacNeil
This quick and indispensable book is a must-read for women who dream of being their own boss. MacNeil's book includes powerful life lessons, plans to help you achieve your goals in a tech-savvy world, and stories of entrepreneurs like you.
2. Daring & Disruptive: Unleashing the Entrepreneur by Lisa Messenger
Lisa Messenger is bold, and she sure isn't afraid to take a risk or two. If you're similarly unafraid to get your hands dirty on the road to pursuing your dreams, Messenger's book is the one for you. This book is full of lessons in business and money, but it also serves as a powerful reminder of the importance of staying true to your dreams.
3. Ladies Who Launch: An Innovative Program That Will Help You Get Your Dreams Off the Ground by Victoria Colligan and Beth Schoenfeldt
The Ladies Who Launch program is located in over 40 cities in the United States, and it provide workshops and advice for women looking to kickstart their business and dreams. If you're in dire need of some encouragement and a step-by-step guideline, this book is the perfect read.
4. Shark Tales: How I Turned $1000 Into a Billion Dollar Business by Barbara Corcoran
If you're an aspiring entrepreneur, odds are your favorite show is Shark Tank. You probably also want to make a deal with Barbara Cocoran. Her inspiring story will make you realize your aspirations can become realities as long as you work hard.
5. The Accidental Entrepreneur: The 50 Things I Wish Someone Had Told Me About Starting A Business by Susan Urquhart-Brown
If you never exactly seen yourself owning your own business but somehow ended up in this role, you need this book. It's packed with practical advice that will benefit new and aspiring entrepreneurs — including lessons on creating business plans, marketing your business, learning from failures, and more.
6. The Fire Starter Sessions: A Soulful + Practical Guide To Creating Success On Your Own Terms by Danielle LaPorte
If you need an extra push to pursue your dreams, this is the book for you. Danielle Laporte's goal is to reframe, redefine, and reenergize entrepreneurs. This guide to creating success encourages would-be business owners to look beyond the ordinary and seek out what makes you unique.
7. The Chic Entrepreneur: Put Your Business in Higher Heels by Elizabeth W. Gordon
The Chic Entrepreneur is a guide that's both helpful and entertaining for the women who want to elevate their business. This book provides fast, practical tips that business-owners can quickly and easily implement. This read will definitely take your company to new heights.
8. Make It Happen: Surrender Your Fear, Take The Leap, Live On Purpose by Lara Casey
For entrepreneurs who are also mothers and wives, it can be incredibly challenging to keep it all together and maintain a work-life balance. If you've been feeling like you can't possibly be a good mom and a good business owner or feeling overwhelmed by your work and home life, take a breath and sit down with Casey's remarkable book.
9. The Entrepreneur Equation: Evaluating the Realities, Risks, and Rewards of Having Your Own Business by Carol Roth
This book is perfect for the entrepreneurs who thrive off constructive criticism and need a dose of reality to get them moving. Roth will teach you how to save money, identify what exactly you want to do with your new venture, and ultimately, become a successful, happy, fulfilled business owner.
10. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
So, you've probably seen this book pop up just about everywhere over the last few years — and that's because it's honestly one of the best self-help, self-motivating, and self-positive books I've ever read. Jen Sincero will force you to face some hard truths in order to motivate you to live your best life. Trust me on this — if you're thinking of starting up a business but need to sort through some personal issues first, get this book ASAP. You won't regret it.
11. #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amorusa
Sophia Amorusa, founder of NastyGal, was once a dumpster diving and hitchhiking extraordinaire. She's been at the bottom, and she didn't rise to the top overnight. Amorusa followed her passion and channeled her ambitions into something real, and ultimately, something wildly successful. Read this now, because a TV show based on the book is set to be released in 2017, and we already have a feeling it's going to be awesome.
Images: Warner Bros. Television