18 'The Little Prince' Quotes To Get You Pumped For The Movie
An all-time favorite children's book, The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry has been turned into a beautifully animated movie — and it's finally being released. The inspiring lessons, timeless story, and beautiful quotes from The Little Prince make this a perfect choice for an on-screen adaptation. At one point or another, your parents or a loved one read this book to you when you were a child, and then you picked it up later on in life, realizing how incredibly important this small book truly is. If it's been a while since you've read the story, I'd suggest brushing up on it before watching the film, since it's all about the act of growing up and never forgetting what it's like to be a curious and creative kid.
As many fans are aware, this film was intended to be released in March 2016, but Paramount dropped it from their release schedule. Luckily, Netflix came to our rescue, picking up the film and planning for a new release on August 5. Now that it's just around the corner, I thought I'd round up some of the best, and my personal favorite quotes from this exceptional story.
Whether you found comfort in The Little Prince as a child, or inspiration as an adult, it's a beautiful story for all to learn from. I personally cannot wait to watch this film and probably (definitely) cry all the tears this coming weekend, and if you're in the same boat, here are 18 of some of the most beautiful quotes from The Little Prince:
1. “And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”
2. “It is much more difficult to judge oneself than to judge others. If you succeed in judging yourself rightly, then you are indeed a man of true wisdom."
3. “All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”
4. “It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.”
5. “I am who I am and I have the need to be.”
6. “The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched, they are felt with the heart.”
7. “All men have stars, but they are not the same things for different people. For some, who are travelers, the stars are guides. For others they are no more than little lights in the sky. For others, who are scholars, they are problems... But all these stars are silent. You-You alone will have stars as no one else has them."
8. “No one is ever satisfied where he is.”
9. “One day, I watched the sun setting forty-four times......You know...when one is so terribly sad, one loves sunsets.”
10. “People where you live, the little prince said, grow five thousand roses in one garden... Yet they don't find what they're looking for... And yet what they're looking for could be found in a single rose.”
11. “It is such a mysterious place, the land of tears.”
12. “You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.”
13. “But the conceited man did not hear him. Conceited people never hear anything but praise.”
14. “Well, I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies.”
15. "What matters most are the simple pleasures so abundant that we can all enjoy them...Happiness doesn't lie in the objects we gather around us. To find it, all we need to do is open our eyes.”
16. “Where are the people?” resumed the little prince at last. “It’s a little lonely in the desert…” “It is lonely when you’re among people, too,” said the snake.”
17. “A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.”
18. “But the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart.”
Images: Netflix; Giphy (9)