If you have been looking for an excuse to neglect all of your responsibilities and take a day that solely revolves around enjoying yourself, then Aug. 15 is your day. These relaxation quotes for National Relaxation Day explain exactly why taking a break from time to time is not only a nice thing to do for yourself, but a vital thing to do for yourself.
In today's hustling and bustling world, it can be difficult to find the time to simply relax. That being said, what if I told you that relaxing protects your heart, boosts your memory, and lowers your stroke risk? You might be able to fit it into your schedule then, right? There are so many health benefits of relaxation, and the truth of the matter is that you'll actually improve your productivity and life quality by allowing yourself the time to sit back and do nothing.
Need more reasons to relax? These 13 quotes will inspire you in the relaxation department. From ways to relax to reasons why it's so important for your overall health, you'll learn quite a bit from reading over these words of wisdom. Take it all in and then chill. You need it.
1. "Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer." — William S. Burroughs
2. "Stop a minute, right where you are. Relax your shoulders, shake your head and spine like a dog shaking off cold water. Tell that imperious voice in your head to be still." — Barbara Kingsolver
3. "We will be more successful in all our endeavors if we can let go of the habit of running all the time, and take little pauses to relax and re-center ourselves. And we'll also have a lot more joy in living." — Thich Nhat Hanh
4. "Together with a culture of work, there must be a culture of leisure as gratification. To put it another way: people who work must take the time to relax, to be with their families, to enjoy themselves, read, listen to music, play a sport." — Pope Francis
5. "It is nice finding that place where you can just go and relax." — Moises Arias
6. "My mind is constantly going. For me to completely relax, I gotta get rid of my cell phone." — Kenny Chesney
7. "It is requisite for the relaxation of the mind that we make use, from time to time, of playful deeds and jokes." — Thomas Aquinas
8. "Sometimes I wish that I could go into a time machine right now and just look at my self and say, 'Calm down. Things are gonna be fine. Things are gonna be all great. Just relax.'" — Tristan Wilds
9. "The time to relax is when you don't have time for it." — Sydney J. Harris
10. "A cheerful frame of mind, reinforced by relaxation... is the medicine that puts all ghosts of fear on the run." — George Matthew Adams
11. "If you want to relax, watch the clouds pass by if you're laying on the grass, or sit in front of the creek; just doing nothing and having those still moments is what really rejuvenates the body." — Miranda Kerr
12. "Now this relaxation of the mind from work consists on playful words or deeds. Therefore it becomes a wise and virtuous man to have recourse to such things at times." — Thomas Aquinas
13. "I only really and truly fully relax on my own. Give me a sun lounger, a pool and a sea view, and I'm happy." — Miranda Hart
Image: Camila Cordeiro/Unsplash