11 Coffee Quotes For National Coffee Day 2016, Because The World Wouldn't Function Without Caffeine
Only a coffee drinker can understand how pivotal the beverage is to starting the day off right. The authors of these funny coffee quotes for National Coffee Day are clearly coffee drinkers, and they know just how important the caffeine-fueled drink can be for those of us who indulge in it every day. Seriously, though, have you ever tried to start an action-packed day without a giant cup of coffee? If so, you know just how impossible it can be.
Coffee isn't just a beverage. It's a way of life. Am I being overly dramatic? Perhaps, but I think it's warranted. Caffeine fuels the body, and when Americans work more than any other country, we need that extra boost. Work hard, play hard, drink coffee hard... right? Definitely.
There are few things in life as wonderful as waking up to the smell of brewing coffee, and the wonderful thing about that is how simple yet rewarding that moment is. It's amazing what a few coffee beans and some hot water can do for you, and it's definitely something worth celebrating in my opinion. Get your fill of the good stuff this September, and make sure that you don't ditch the drink on National Coffee Day, or ever, for that matter!
1. "Once you wake up and smell the coffee, it's hard to go back to sleep." — Fran Drescher
2. "I like coffee because it gives me the illusion that I might be awake." — Lewis Black
3. "I was taken by the power that savoring a simple cup of coffee can have to connect people and create community." — Howard Schultz
4. "Coffee is a language in itself." — Jackie Chan
5. "I don't know how people live without coffee, I really don't." — Martha Quinn
6. "To me, the smell of fresh-made coffee is one of the greatest inventions." — Hugh Jackman
7. "I can't imagine a day without coffee. I can't imagine!" — Howard Schultz
8. "Do Lipton employees take coffee breaks?" — Steven Wright
9. "I like cappuccino, actually. But even a bad cup of coffee is better than no coffee at all." — David Lynch
10. "Our printing press is the internet. Our coffee houses are social networks." — Heather Brooke
11. "I am a coffee fanatic. Once you go to proper coffee, you can't go back. You cannot go back." — Hugh Laurie
Images: Tristan Fewings/Getty Images, Tristan Fewings/Getty Images, Mario Tama/Getty Images, Tristan Fewings/Getty Images