If there was ever a month to show your patriotism, it has to be this November, thanks to both the presidential election on Nov. 8, and Veterans Day on Nov. 11. When it comes to observing the latter day, these 12 patriotic quotes to share on Veterans Day will definitely help you begin to thank those who served our country. They focus on why veterans deserve to be appreciated as much as possible, and why we should be treating them as heroes when they return home after a career in the American military.
The Oxford Dictionary defines "patriotism" as being a noun meaning "vigorous support for one's country." Now, if that doesn't immediately make you think of veterans, I don't know what else would. Not only do U.S. veterans serve their country by risking their lives and bodies in foreign territories, but they also support the country's morale with their passion for freedom and justice.
This Nov. 11, get patriotic. Say thank you to the millions of veterans who have served this country with their minds, bodies, and spirits. I know politics are heightened at the moment because of the presidential election, but regardless of where you find yourself in that battle, I hope that you know exactly where you stand when it comes to supporting our U.S. veterans.
1. "America's veterans and troops serving abroad today fought hard to preserve our red, white and blue, from the Revolutionary War to today's Global War Against Terrorism, and Congress' action today is appropriate for one of our most sacred symbols." — Bill Shuster
2. "America's veterans have served their country with the belief that democracy and freedom are ideals to be upheld around the world." — John Doolittle
3. "Caring for veterans shouldn't be a partisan issue. It should be an American one." — Jennifer Granholm
4. "Honoring the sacrifices many have made for our country in the name of freedom and democracy is the very foundation of Veterans Day." — Charles B. Rangel
5. "You'd have to go a long way to find someone who was more proud and grateful for what our veterans have done for all of us." — Jim Davis
6. "Thank you for the sacrifices you and your families are making. Our Vietnam veterans have taught us that no matter what our positions may be on policy, as Americans and patriots, we must support all of our soldiers with our thoughts and our prayers." — Zack Wamp
7. "I want people to take the initiative to find veterans that need help, veterans that are suffering and in need of assistance reintegrating from combat back into society, into normal family lives and jobs. We need to take a real 'boots on the ground' approach to helping veterans in need." — Max Martini
8. "Since the Revolution, eight generations of America's veterans have established an unbroken commitment to freedom." — Steve Buyer
9. "The sanctity of our battlefields, monuments, and veterans institutions is of utmost importance to preserve military history and pay respect to those who fought." — Henry Waxman
10. "Caring for our veterans is the duty of a grateful nation." — Patty Murray
11. "Because all of us believe and understand in the fabric of the common bond of why we call ourselves American is to care for the men and women who wear the uniform; and when they take off the uniform, we care for them when they are veterans." — Steve Buyer
12. "America's trying to do the best for its veterans." — R. Lee Ermey