15 Monica Geller Quotes From 'Friends' To Use When You Want To Sound Really Smart
If there's one character from the popular '90s sitcom Friends who knows how to command a room, it's Monica Geller. With beauty, brains, and a competitive edge, Monica is the perfect no-nonsense friend of the group. Throughout the course of the show's 10 seasons, there isn't a problem she can't solve or an opinion she is willing hold back. In fact, it is almost Monica's job to keep her friends in line while simultaneously working to pull her own life together. And with that kind of strength comes an immense amount of wisdom. I think it's safe to say that Monica Geller quotes are the ones to live by.
Whether you're talking to a friend, a family member, or even an employer, you can tap into your inner Monica by using some of her smartest quotes. Over the years, she has provided us with well-thought-out studies, solutions to even the toughest of problems, and an all-around sense of pure genius. In fact, if we all thought a little more like Monica, maybe the world would be a better place. These Monica quotes are just the beginning, so sprinkle them into conversation whenever you want to sound smarter or more inspiring.
1. "I needed a plan, a plan to get over my man. And what's the opposite of man? Jam."
Monica can turn any negative situation on its head. When you're dealing with your own hardships, thinking like Monica can provide you with the solution.
2. "Now, I need you to be careful and efficient. And remember: If I am harsh with you, it's only because you're doing it wrong."
Now this is how you establish yourself as a leader. With this Monica quote, no one will even think about second guessing your way of doing things.
3. "If you're too afraid to be in a relationship, then don't be in one."
We all need a blunt reality check every once in awhile. Monica's no-nonsense attitude here will help you show that you're about to throw down some serious wisdom.
4. "I just had sex with someone who wasn't alive during the Bicentennial."
Yes, Monica used the word "Bicentennial" while describing her sex life. You can't get much more sophisticated than that.
5. "OK, just to be clear, comedy with the plates will not be well-received."
Do not even attempt to mess up one of Monica's fancy dinners. With this Monica quote, you can keep every table-top occasion classy — and you can sound classy while doing so.
6. "Phoebe and Gary think they're the hotter couple. So, to prove them wrong, we have to go and have a ton of sex."
Nobody can argue with statistics. Monica sure knows how to apply logic to even the most random of arguments.
7. "Why didn't you make a copy and keep it in a fireproof box and keep it at least a hundred yards from the original?"
No one will ever lose anything ever again when you spit out these words of wisdom.
8. "You go down there, and you suck up to him. I mean, you suck like you've never sucked before."
Basically, Monica was born to give pep talks. If you apply this kind of Monica logic, the world is your oyster.
9. "Having a heart attack is nature's way of telling you to slow down."
Monica didn't even need a medical degree to figure this one out.
10. "Do you really think the best reason to get married is because you're sorry?"
I mean, duh.
11. "They're as different as night and... later that night."
I'm pretty sure we should all just say this phrase the way Monica says it from now on.
12. "You're supposed to double the tax, not double the tax of Romania."
Someone hand the dinner bill to Monica. With this quote, you just became the mathematician of your friend group.
13. "Here's the last of your boxes. I'm just going to label it 'What were you thinking?'"
Whether you're helping your friend move, decluttering your closet, or heading to the mall, you need this Monica quote on hand. Your friends will love you for it. Trust me.
14. "We better stick to the routine; we don't want to look stupid."
Avoiding public embarrassment is possible, and I think it's safe to say that Monica knows a thing or two about keeping it cool. ... Right?
15. "Why don't you stop worrying about sounding smart and just be yourself."
Of all of her words of wisdom, this may be her smartest quote yet.
Nothing can prepare your friends for the knowledge you're about to throw down thanks to Monica Geller.
Images: Warner Bros. Television; Giphy (15)