Anyone who writes knows that getting started can oftentimes be the most challenging part. It sounds easy enough to force yourself to start writing, but the reality for human beings — who are both complex and strange — is that we are, for better or worse, often trapped within our mind. If one's mind is bright, optimistic, resilient, and positive, this is a good place to be. However, if it's not you're apt to find it feeling impossible to complete even the simplest of tasks. If you're not in a good place, read through these positive affirmations to get you writing... right now.
In the simplest terms, affirmations are intended as statements of truth that make people feel better. The generalness of the statements allows them to remain true for people across the spectrum. Saying something along the lines of, "Today is a new day," can be inspiring because it provides the hopeful clean slate of a new day, but all sugar coating aside, the statement itself is correct. Whether good or bad, today is a new day.
Affirmations are not about blinding yourself to reality or lying to yourself. They're about building up and empowering yourself through repetition. You don't just say an affirmation once and feel great about yourself. They take time and commitment and get stronger the more you say them. The more you use them, the more likely you are to manifest the feelings and energies needed to do whatever it is you're trying to do, even if it's just getting through the day.
Below are 15 affirmations that not only encourage a positive sense of self-worth but also remind us that we have the power to control where we are and where we're going.
1. "I possess the wisdom, the power, the motivation, the inspiration and the passion to accomplish anything and everything I choose."
2. "Today I will take one step toward my dreams."
3. "Action is the energy that translates my thoughts into reality."
4. "Rain pours over the earth to encourage flowers to bloom. Similarly, the rain of challenge in my life waters my opportunities to grow."
5. "I am more than capable of bringing my dreams to life. "
6. "I am willing to devote time and energy toward my goals. They are a priority in my life."
7. "I have been given endless talents which I begin to utilize today."
8. "I hold the keys to my destiny."
9. "I accept that there will be challenges when pursuing my goals. I have the knowledge and ability to overcome anything in my path."
10. "The fire that burns in my soul lights my path."
11. "I am the architect of my life; I build its foundation and choose its contents."
12. "I possess the qualities needed to be extremely successful."
13. "I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen."
14. "Creative energy surges through me and leads me to new and brilliant ideas."
15. "I am a powerhouse; I am indestructible."
Do you have any daily affirmations? If so, please share them with us!
Images: Kelly Brito/Unsplash