Before we could bat a false eyelash, Southern Charm Season 1 took its final bow. Monday night, the first season of the Bravo reality series reached its conclusion, and the ep was a veritable polo match-themed roller coaster. Shoes were tossed into a tree, Cameran Eubanks hit us with gemstones masquerading as quotes (“Hey, turds. Wake up” was a personal favorite of mine), and Patricia Altschul mocked her son's naugahyde couches (“To quote Bette Davis, what a dump”). But the true focus of the episode: Thomas Ravenel and Kathryn Dennis’s relationship. We know where they stand at the moment (they’re in love! They have a baby! They’ll probably get married!), but how did things play out on the show? Um, SO INTENSELY.
As we loyal viewers saw, the first seven episodes of the season/the first month of their relationship was all things dramatic (a love quadrangle, a pregnancy scare, a pair of fake eyelashes, many polo shirts) for the couple. But don't you worry your noggin, the final ep didn't switch up the vibe. As a matter of fact, the ep upped the drama dose. So much went down between T-Rav and Kathryn in just one hour! Here's a rundown of the ep's KatRav events (and my reactions, natch):
- Kathryn admitted she slept with Whitney Sudler-Smith after T-Rav dumped her.<img src="http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/51/36220e10-ac03-0131-ffb5-7ad6239fe361.gif?w=320"/>
- T-Rav said he was hurt that Kathryn lied, mentioned trust issues.
- We found out Kathryn had an entire dresser at T-Rav's house.<img src="http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/51/d3c5dda0-ac01-0131-f9a3-6a6949552b9e.gif?w=320"/>
- T-Rav appeared to forgive Kathryn for lying.<img src="http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/51/e6526150-ac02-0131-2c74-1288d58e52cb.gif?w=320"/>
- T-Rav talked to his pastor about Kathryn, and his pastor suggested he listen to his head (not his heart).
- Kathryn asked T-Rav if he was born in the ‘60s. (I'm still not sure if she was kidding or if she genuinely didn't know what decade he was born in.)<img src="http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/51/4863eaf0-abff-0131-2b9e-061b34af4f2b.gif?w=320"/>
- T-Rav and Kathryn attended Whitney's Fourth of July party together.
- T-Rav broke things off with Kathryn because of the age difference. He said the love and chemistry was "not enough," and that their relationship "can't last."<img src="http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/51/71628ef0-ac00-0131-2f2b-6afc8fdcb379.gif?w=320"/>
- T-Rav and Kathryn sobbed throughout the breakup. Kathryn told him his decision was "misguided."
- After the breakup, Kathryn left T-Rav's house. The house where she had a dresser.<img src="http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/51/ab7518d0-ac05-0131-2ba1-061b34af4f2b.gif?w=320"/>
- T-Rav followed Kathryn out to her car. They wept and hugged goodbye.
It seemed like the last of T-Rav and Kathryn, the nail in the KatRav coffin. We loyal viewers knew better! This is the end of the season, we thought. The end of KatRav it is not.
But that wasn't the end of the season. Just as this loyal viewer was about to turn off the TV, the show hit its audience with an adorable Kensington SC cameo:
- EP RUNDOWN ADDENDUM: 9 months later, Kensington was born.<img src="http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/51/23a241c0-ac06-0131-ff32-1a73b6a6bf5a.gif?w=320"/> Did Kensington save their relationship? Was she the missing piece? Is love, chemistry, and Kensington the KatRav trinity? Only time will tell, my friends. Only time will tell.
To recap: Kathryn admitted she slept with Whitney, T-Rav and Kathryn worked out their issues, T-Rav and Kathryn un-worked out their issues, T-Rav and Kathryn broke up, and Kathryn and T-Rav HAD A BABY. ALL IN ONE EPISODE. Whew, I am tuckered. And content. So very content. Eps like this one are what reality TV is all about.
Bye, Southern Charm. Don't be a stranger, ya hear?