3 Bill Cosby Accusers Hold Press Conference with Gloria Allred & the Details They Describe Are Horrifying
Details surrounding Bill Cosby's sexual abuse allegations just became even darker and more disturbing. Three of Cosby's accusers stepped forward Wednesday during a press conference with well-known attorney Gloria Allred revealing horrifying details regarding the time Cosby allegedly sexually assaulted them. In a Los Angeles office, the three women, Helen Hayes, Beth Ferrier, and "Chelan" (whose name remains anonymous), opened up to the media. Warning: some of the details are graphic.
Per Chelan, she met Cosby when she was only 17 years old working at the Las Vegas Hilton in hopes of one day becoming a model. After the two met, Cosby allegedly gave her a blue pill. She said, "I laid down. He laid down next to me on the bed and began pinching my left nipple and humping my leg while he was grunting." Eventually, Chelan said she blacked out and then "13 to 16 hours later I woke up by hearing Mr. Cosby clapping his hands and saying, 'Daddy says wake up.' He gave me $1,500."
Ferrier then opened up about her reported assault by Cosby in the '80s. Like Chelan, she too was an aspiring model and actress. Apparently, Ferrier met Cosby through her then-agent, which led to an affair for several months with The Cosby Show actor. During one of his performances in Denver, Cosby reportedly gave Ferrier coffee backstage causing her to lose consciousness.
"The next thing I knew, hours passed and I woke up in the back of my car alone," Ferrier revealed. "My clothes were a mess; my bra was undone. My car was in the alleyway behind the venue. I felt disoriented. I had no idea what happened to me."
In 2005, Ferrier was set to testify as a Jane Doe in Andrea Constand's 2005 lawsuit against Cosby for reportedly drugging and raping her. In 2006, Constand's case was settled outside of court for an unspecified amount. This suit set in motion similar cases for 13 other female accusers who were going testify on her behalf, in addition to several other women claiming the actor assaulted them on different occasions since 1965.
As for Hayes, she met Cosby in 1973 at Clint Eastwood's Celebrity Tennis Tournament in Pebble Beach, Calif. Hayes said Cosby followed her and two friends "all day." She added, "We felt we were safe. But then when he found us in the last restaurant he approached me from behind and reached over my shoulder and grabbed my right breast ... His behavior was like that of a predator."
Earlier on Wednesday, Cosby acknowledged the allegations by tweeting simple "thank yous" to Whoopi Goldberg and Jill Scott who have both defended Cosby. Other than that, he's cancelled some tour dates, resigned from Temple University's board of directors, and has remained tight-lipped about everything.
Per The Hollywood Reporter, Allred is proposing "that Cosby waive the statutes of limitation on all claims of sexual abuse for a period of time, then deal with them en masse, so that the women could present their evidence and he could present his defense." In addition, she is asking Cosby place $100 million into a fund for anyone claiming she was a victim. Then, she "could appear before a panel of retired judges who would serve as arbitrators to determine the merits of each claim and, if need be, amount of compensation."
Allred also said, "If Mr. Cosby believes all the women are being untruthful, then this is his opportunity to prove it."
Over the last several weeks, decade-old, discredited allegations against Mr. Cosby have resurfaced. The fact that they are being repeated does not make them true. Mr. Cosby does not intend to dignify these allegations with any comment. He would like to thank all his fans for the outpouring of support and assure them that, at age 77, he is doing his best work. There will be no further statement from Mr. Cosby or any of his representatives.
Images: Getty Images (2)